Sun on the Machine?

If it is refrigerated then it's probably okay but it's best to have a roof over it which would help minimize the intensity of the light coming in. However, I believe glass generally has an effect on retracting light in a way that makes it less intense.

I have not ever had/serviced a snack machine outside. Beverages would be fine if you ask me.

The outsider while designed as an outdoor machine does have its limits. Not knowing where you are and the environment it will be in makes it difficult to be too specific. Off the top of my head I believe the specs are 100 degrees at 70 % relative humidity? Even within these guidelines the higher you are to these limits the harder the machine will work and the less life span your refrigeration will have.

Is your machine black or red? (red better)

Is the sun beating on the glass? (try to eliminate this if it is)

Is the machine in the sun all day or just part of the day?

Do you have perishable products in the machine.

Bottom line is this. If you fall into the proper specs it should work. The better it is protected the better it will work.

What is the environment of the machine in question?

From what the vendors tell me in California with the heat and sun the outside snack machines need to be under shade. They have trouble keeping things cool if they are in fact in the sun for any part of the day. When I had a route my problem in the Eastern part of the country was trying to keep the critters out of the machine.

Archived