this a good deal? 2 united cranes for $700

dogcow

Two united treasure chest cranes (circa 2006) for $350 ea?

Graphics and plexi need replacing, needs new claw switches and rubber band on the wheels.

both with mech and acceptor

what do you guys think

check for a manual inside

if you have it scan it to a word or pdf file

alot of people are looking for the manuals for that crane

i cant seem to find mine anymore

bill

there is a vendor here in michigan who sells new graphics skins for those cranes on eBay

I think his name is dave and they look good too.

Bill,

No problem I have the manual. It is pretty sparse compared to the Smart crane manuals but it is included.

The one I was trying to find the manual for was for the old style ones (what they call the "classic" )

it looks like this

Marco%2012-17%20041.jpg

honestly I think the design of this crane is better in the respect that it is easier to service and MUCH easier to move around.

i have talked to dave from sanko amusements about his crane "wraps" they are very cool

but high priced at $230.00 each and look like a pain to apply. If you goof up cutting them

that is an expensive mistake. I am going to see how they look with the decals stripped and maybe

i will repaint them. If that looks cruddy I will pick up a decal set. I really believe adding new plexi makes the biggest

difference.

Well decided to pick them up, got a 31" and a 60" crane...will need a lot of

elbow grease to fix but probably a decent deal.

67v0wl.jpg

I need dip switch settings for that machine do you have them?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The main board has 4 sets of switches on the top. I need to know how to set it to .50 or .75.

At start up the goes front to back claw drops the comes back up then back to the home position. I need to see what's up with that.

The main board has 4 sets of switches on the top. I need to know how to set it to .50 or .75.

At start up the goes front to back claw drops the comes back up then back to the home position. I need to see what's up with that.

The price is controlled by the first bank of switches. First make sure it is set to one credit per coin , that would be the following (in bank 1)

1 - OFF

2 - OFF

To set the price , use switches 3-5 in bank 1

for $0.25 ( 1 credit )

3 - OFF

4 - OFF

5 - OFF

for $0.50 ( 2 credits )

3 - ON

4 -OFF

5 - OFF

for $1.00 ( 4 credits )

3 - OFF

4 - OFF

5 - ON

for $2.00 ( 8 credits )

3 - ON

4 - ON

5 - OFF

for $5.00 ( 20 credits )

3 - ON

4 - OFF

5 - ON

so basically there is no setting for $0.75 :(

The payout rate is controlled by switch bank 4 , switches #1-3 unless your machine was made for use in NJ in which case

these settings do nothing.

The claw voltage is set using bank 4 swtiches #5-8 ( VERY annoying! wish it had a pot)

The reason the claw moves around during boot up is because it is testing all of the switches. There is a switch for gantry L, R , F, B, these tell the crane when the gantry has hit the permiters of the field

then 2 more for Claw down, claw up. these tell the crane what position the claw is in.

If any of the switches exhibit a problem it will flash a code across the LED display on the front here are the codes :

EP01, EP02, EP03, - Main board error

EC01 - coin mech #1 error

EC02 - coin mech #2 error

AA03 - Front microswitch error

AA04 - Back microswitch crane error

EA01 Right microswitch crane error

EA02 - Left microswitch crane error

EE01 Down microswitch crane error

EE02 - Up claw microswtich crane error or fuse blown

6116 - Main ROM error

PP01 - "coin in " meter error

PP02 - "prize out" meter error

What does switches 6,7,8 In bank one do. It's not testing but it moves front to back and drops the claw picks back up and then does it over and over. I think I may have move a dip switch by mistake and caused it. Because it didn't do it until I started to fool with it.

What does switches 6,7,8 In bank one do. It's not testing but it moves front to back and drops the claw picks back up and then does it over and over. I think I may have move a dip switch by mistake and caused it. Because it didn't do it until I started to fool with it.

#6 controls the playing time on = 20s / off = 15s

#7 controls "vending mode" (play until you win) , off=skill mode , on=winner every time mode

#8price setting for vending mode, on=normal, off=setting

vending mode ---

1. put 7th switch to "on position"

2. put the 8th switch to the "on" position in order to set the price for vending

the price could be "+" or "-" by moving the joystick up or down.

3. put the 8th switch to "off" position and restart the machine.

my guess you have the 8th switch on?

if that doesnt resolve it try testing all the switches

is it throwing a code on the display?

Archived