Has Anyone Tried Theme Set-Ups?

rdendy

I live in the South, and if you're not familiar with us, we are HUGE SEC FANS!! I was considering getting some doubles and possibly racks to do a sort of theme. Here the big rivalry is Alabama vs. Auburn, so in the doubles I would mix the team colors in one machine and the other teams colors in the other. I'd finish it off by placing a simple "Go Team" type sticker to the inside label. I am thinking it would draw the normal crowd but also might make fans think twice about buying and even better if some buy just so it looks like their team is more popular.

Of course the racks would be the same thing but include other very popular regional SEC teams, where I live we have a huge influx of visitors from all over the south representing these teams.

Any thoughts on the idea or seen where this has been tried?

The tricky part is making the set-up obvious to others.

Just using team colors may not be obvious enough.

And using logos without proper licensing is just asking for trouble.

Trying to find the safe, happy, and legal middle-ground is the real chore.

something tells me the gumball police isnt gonna throw you under the jail. the idea has been discussed before and i like it, personally since im in the florida panhandle i would do a triple with alabama, florida and florids state

Up here in the northwoods, this has been done successfully many times. There is a double in a gas station I frequent that has Green Bay Packer colors in one head, and Milwaukee Brewer colors in the other. Sometimes it will just be one head of a double. It's more and more common the closer you get to Green Bay. I recall someone did something similar with a triple and M&M's, with the Packers, Brewers and Badgers- but it was at a restaurant and I think it was more of a novelty thing for them. I can't imagine ordering team-specific M&M's would be cost effective.

I would love to see that "gators" machine when you're done with it dogcow!

Archived