Hello from Minnesota

Tony Policano

Hello members from Vendiscuss! I fell like I already know a few of you already! I have been using the wonderful resources you all have shared here and it's been very helpful!

Ever since I was a little kid, I have had a passion or maybe a illness with coin operated machines. As a hobby, I collect 70s pinball machines. I have a soda machine in the garage for fun as well.

Anyways, I was on Craigslist like always and came across a lot of 9 tripple head machines (Versavend), some still new in the box, all keyed the same for 260 bucks. I offered 200 and picked them up yesterday.

Here's what I'm attempting to do.

1. I registered with the NCCS and am waiting for stickers.

2. Trying to figure out what locating service to use. Locate R Us, KS, others?

3. Figuring out what to sell.

4. Figuring out where to buy like online vs SAMs.

5. What to invest 3000.00 in on starting my route. (not used towards the existing tripples & locating)

6. Learn about soda can machines. (can you still place them? Where?)

7. Interested in the possibility of trying some honor boxes.

My father is retiring very soon and we are looking to do something together that we both have a passion for.

I know hat several people here are not for locators but for me, at least starting out, I'd like to start with them.

Thanks in advance for all the information and friendly group of individuals :-)

Tony

Hello members from Vendiscuss! I fell like I already know a few of you already! I have been using the wonderful resources you all have shared here and it's been very helpful!

Ever since I was a little kid, I have had a passion or maybe a illness with coin operated machines. As a hobby, I collect 70s pinball machines. I have a soda machine in the garage for fun as well.

Anyways, I was on Craigslist like always and came across a lot of 9 tripple head machines (Versavend), some still new in the box, all keyed the same for 260 bucks. I offered 200 and picked them up yesterday.

Here's what I'm attempting to do.

1. I registered with the NCCS and am waiting for stickers.

2. Trying to figure out what locating service to use. Locate R Us, KS, others?

3. Figuring out what to sell.

4. Figuring out where to buy like online vs SAMs.

5. What to invest 3000.00 in on starting my route. (not used towards the existing tripples & locating)

6. Learn about soda can machines. (can you still place them? Where?)

7. Interested in the possibility of trying some honor boxes.

My father is retiring very soon and we are looking to do something together that we both have a passion for.

I know hat several people here are not for locators but for me, at least starting out, I'd like to start with them.

Thanks in advance for all the information and friendly group of individuals :-)

Tony

Welcome Tony, glad to see you are taking the time to read up on the past threads, there is a lot of good information there.

Got a couple of pinballs myself. ^-^

Hi Tony, welcome! I hear Sam's is the BEST place to buy products as far as I've searched they are right. I'm just starting as well and learn alot from reading posts. (about the 70's machines, I believe my friend Dave and I OWN an air hockey machine mearly by playing it so much!!!!! ). ;D

Archived