Large vs. Small Boxes

empowerdls

Just starting out and trying to decide which size box to get. The "100" item boxes or the smaller style. Is there a distinct advantage between one or the other? For those who use the smaller versions, what's the typical amount of product you can place in one? Curious to know which you use and why or do you use a mixture depending on the account?

I have heard pros and cons on which way to go. Heard a new snack box operator that has lower than normal sales and the only thing that I can tell is that he is using some smaller boxes. With out a good variety sales will be lower.

i like the smaller boxes, they fit 30-40 items depeding on the mix you use, if you need more u can punch holes and ziptie them

together. I found a lot of break rooms just dont have enough room for the bigger boxes.

also it reduces your spoilage if the loc is a dud. you can always upgrade but you cant really downgrade.

I am a bulk vendor and I have a few small locations requesting packaged snacks. they don't hav eroom for large boxes and I want to suppliment my bulk machines. Where does one purchase the small boxes?

• 2 months later...

Dogcow - I assume you add your own graphics to these boxes? Do you just print it out on paper and attach it to the box?

yup sure did, i take the extra cardboard from sams club to make the back stops

you need it because the product will cover up the coin slot so its not easily visible

• 3 weeks later...

We like the small ones too. We find they can put more money in the smaller boxes. Also as dogcow said you can easily put two side by side in seperate areas of the breakroom. They do well.

Dogcow - I assume you add your own graphics to these boxes? Do you just print it out on paper and attach it to the box?

I don't have anywhere near the honor-box locations dogcow does, but I'll offer my 2cents anyway ;D

I use the same boxes (plain white) and make custom signs for pricing, logos, contact info, etc using shipping labels from Office Depot...though you can buy them from anywhere that sells office supplies.

The labels come in many different sizes and a few different colors so you can use what suits you best.

No matter the size of label you choose, the backing will come on a std sized sheet (8.5" x 11") that you can feed into your printer.

They look really good and you are limited by only your capabilities on the computer.

I'm no graphics wiz and I had no problem creating clean but eye-catching stickers for my boxes with just the regular white shipping labels.

Archived