Just bought a Royal G-111

I just bought a Royal G-111 at an auction last Friday. I paid $310.00. I can't get it home until Monday, my machine mover guy was busy Friday and they are closed on weekends. It was a restaurant supply auction. I couldn't check it out because it was an auction. I hope I didn't screw up to bad. I am fairly new, I only have 3 Dixie Narco machine now. What do you guys think?

post-2985-0-97204100-1332679568_thumb.jpg

Hey, if it cools fine, that alone would make it worth it! You could probably have the coin-mech and validator refurbished for approx. $120 with shipping included. Even if some motors were bad, I would say this thing would dig you no more than $600 to be location ready (and that's if it needs a lot of work). $310 is very good if you ask me.

Its definitely a multi-price machine, and has a validator at least, and like AngryChris said, if it cools, that alone is worth $310.00 I honestly would pay up to $500 cooling, $400 not cooling for that machine. I wouldn't have a problem selling it from a refurbishing standpoint, and could easily get $1200 for it with a Mars 2000 series validator and a coin mech. I also bet its MDB, which is another plus. Looks like you made a good move, hope it works out!

Got machine today. Plugged it up and nothing. My moving guy told me to unplug all the wiring harness's from the board and then plug them back up. I did this and everything came on. It took a couple of minutes for the compressor to kick in but it finally did. I called him and he said it had a time relay on it. Letting it run now to make sure it is cooling. The only thing I found wrong is the dollar validator isn't working. It makes the noise when you plug it in but will not take dollar. Time for more investigation.

Got machine today. Plugged it up and nothing. My moving guy told me to unplug all the wiring harness's from the board and then plug them back up. I did this and everything came on. It took a couple of minutes for the compressor to kick in but it finally did. I called him and he said it had a time relay on it. Letting it run now to make sure it is cooling. The only thing I found wrong is the dollar validator isn't working. It makes the noise when you plug it in but will not take dollar. Time for more investigation.

Glad to hear it's working,Try putting 6 coin of each in and then try it again.

John

I filled all the coin tubes to about half, still nothing. I guess its time to look for a replacement.

It's possible that the validator is not hooked up properly to either the coin-mech or the board. I am not familiar with the electronics of that machine but I would double and triple check that it's plugged into everything. If it has power, it will cycle on, but it cannot communicate with the board and/or the coin-mech, it won't do anything. This could be a coin-mech issue as well. It may be worth having them both refurbished for probably $100 and having a machine in great condition!

I not sure it’s the BA.

Is the “use correct change” light lit on by the coin entry?

What brand BA is the old one?

Is the BA flashing a trouble code?

Walta

Are you saying the red led on the BA control board is on lit and on steady?

Or is it blinking 2 flashes a pause and 2 more flashes?

Walta

It should repeat the 3 flashes every 20 seconds.

3 flashes is a blocked bill.

Try removing the stacker box, then push in on the release tap on the bottom of the BA while pulling backward on the lower track of the BA. This will remove the lower track and allow you remove any foreign objects.

Walta

Archived