Machine type and questions

pwrshock

Hello All,

I bought a used Dixie Narco soda machine with the Coke logo. I'm trying to find out what model this is to find some manual for it, it. I'll start with what i found, no nameplate anywhere, i did find on the metal cover where its stated: (D903, 816, 330, 21) not sure if that is an actually model, it has room for 6 selections of either 12oz cans or 10oz bottles.

The previous owner said the dollar bill validator (Intellivend 2000) didn't work, I also read that the unit has to have enough coins to make change, she never had it filled, used the T handle to open. (i have included a picture, not the best i know)

When i got the unit home and filled the first slot it did vend, but now it doesn't, so thats why im looking for a manual of some sort to get me started. Since this is a Dixie Narco is there a certain command to "home in" the motors? How would i use service switch? Does the term 3 deep mean that you can stack 3 cans in a line? Electronics label says its an S-II-D .

Sorry for all the questions, but im new to this and this is only for my home use, so i figured id better get prepared to fix my own machine. I read somewhere that i needed to have my cam setting to the 6 o clock position, how the heck do i get the motors to turn? The 2 florescent lights were out, does it require both to be in place to complete the circuit path? Thanks in advance!

Tony

post-4381-0-72625900-1332806503_thumb.jpg

post-4381-0-23761800-1332807998_thumb.jpg

Being that it appears to be a 6-select can machine, I am going to venture to say that it's a DN 276 (NOT a 276e). I would check that out.

As for the error, I have no idea.. you could call dixie narco and find out though. The information is often on the interior door.

I figured out the error message was pertaining to motor #1, i ended up checking the fuse for the motor and it was blown, it also was the wrong amps and voltage, got the right fuse and the motors jumped into action and i was able to get some of the units to vend. Weird note was that for the first selection, it would vend with the door open, once i closed it i got the message "not in service" when i tried to get it to vend. I'm wondering if the motors need to be sprayed with say wd-40, also would i spray the whole motor or what should be sprayed?

Once you spray WD-40 in a soda machine, the sodas coming out of there will smell like WD-40 for about 6 months, not a good thing there. Also, when you closed the door, how did you try to vend that column? The row will not vend unless there are coins in changer (unless you use exact change), and there is soda in the column, or the paddle is off the switches.

It looks like the one I have that tvf helped me fix

mines is a

dn 276 6 select series 60 single price machine

LOL yea when I'm looking for parts I have to say the whole thing

the best thing is to call take a lot of pictures inside and out call dixie narco speak with tec support and email the pics to them

Once you spray WD-40 in a soda machine, the sodas coming out of there will smell like WD-40 for about 6 months, not a good thing there. Also, when you closed the door, how did you try to vend that column? The row will not vend unless there are coins in changer (unless you use exact change), and there is soda in the column, or the paddle is off the switches.

WD40 is the last thing you want to use. Inside the cabinet where it is cooled it will also eventually gum everything up as it turns into a gel. For cleaning try contact spray cleaner.

Without any credit press the selection button it will display the vend price. If it displays .50.

Then try the test vend mode. If it dispenses a can every other test then it is a mechanical problem.

Try reloading it the other way. This is a wide column. If you find the bottom row of can on the left move it to the right side and reload

Walta

Archived