usi snack machine display out

I have an older usi snack machine and the display screen has bn slowly goinut. It shows some text doesn't make any sense every time I close the door. I would have to close it just right to get it to show correctly while the door is closed. Then finally it was completely out. But machine is still operational...just can't see data on the display screen.

Is this a common issue? Any trouble shooting tips?

I often find bad solder connections on USI boards where the display plugs into the board.

Walta

I have heard from several different technicians that a bad solder connection is the most common suspect on a bad display as well.

Soldering is an easy thing to do and a soldering iron can be pretty cheap... however, if it is a decent account, it may be best to go ahead and order a replacement display board (if you can get one cheap) and do what you want with the old one. It may not be worth trying to fix a cracked solder connection if you can't find it/don't know how to do it/have no electrical knowledge/etc....

I often find bad solder connections on USI boards where the display plugs into the board.

Walta

That's usually the case with those old LCD displays. As far as I know Vendnet does not even stock them anymore so you will have to get it repaired of find a replacement somewhere else. Because its USI you won't find it at any of the big parts suppliers either.

I had a display board give me problems and then I found out that the plate holding it in place was missing the plastic washer and the metal screw was shorting out the display

Thats crazy....I had something sort of similar...Didnt close the changer completely .....they shook the machine, coins got inside by the board and shorted that circuit.#lesson learned!

I think Vendors Exchange repairs them. While solder connections are sometimes the problem, I have found on USIs that the board will just go bad for other reasons, usually diodes.

Ok Thanks I wouldnt know how to check for bad solder or diodes

Archived