does anyone know what this crane part is called?

dogcow

it has changed over the years but

its normally a emi filter,power surge,

power distrubition center with a time delay for power-on to prevent surges

might be fuses inside

looks like minor rust on screws check the board for moisture/ rust damage.

if its shorting out unplug all 4 power inputs

and try one at time to see if its the box or one of the plugged in power sources

1 plug is lights

1 is the power supply

1 is the DBA 110v line

and 1 might be the rope lights

let me read my double up manual

its marked a CE power switch box

I had an emi filter blowing fuses because I location had water pumps hooked to the same outlet it was driving me crazy. Best place for fuses is radio shack.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

this is in a laundromat, i dnuno whats on the circuit, seems possible.

what did you do,ultimately? and how did you tell thats what was causing the problem.

honestly the part is shorting i think, it worked fine before i put it on location now it making

a pretty scary noise and the machine clicks on and off if its jostled in that area.

thx for all the help guys i think i figured out what is going on here.

the red/black wires on the far left are the AC-in and the connectors for the power switch thats inside the coin door.

one of the connectors for the power switch has come unsoldered. this was causing the shorting.

I guess i could replace it with a power strip except that the small connector on the top left i suspect

is a 12v dc out, so im not sure what that connects to, the coin mech maybe? so i'd need a 12v transformer

as well. I'm going to just try to repair the board connector and hope that resolves the problem.

thanks for all the help guys!

Archived