Shims for soft water bottles.

Big Mike

Do they work? The Vendo I bought works great. I do have a store owned Royal that will miss vend. I'm planning to buying two satellite soda machines to vend water out of but the work that same as a Royal. The say and have shown me shims that will keep it from misvending the soft water bottles. Anyone have experience with this?

Mike

I've never heard of any shim fixing the problem. After all, the problem is that the bottles tend to flatten out near the vend motors due to the weight on top of them. This causes extra friction and prevents them from turning and thus vending like they should.

To be honest, the only design that I think works is a serpentine design such as one on a combo machine... because much of the weight is supported by the serpentine columns themselves.

I'd say, if the shims are cheap, give it a try and let us know how it goes! Just make sure you really load the thing down with water and wait a couple of days and do some test vending to see if they actually prevent jams.

Do they work? The Vendo I bought works great. I do have a store owned Royal that will miss vend. I'm planning to buying two satellite soda machines to vend water out of but the work that same as a Royal. The say and have shown me shims that will keep it from misvending the soft water bottles. Anyone have experience with this?

Mike

If you're getting the usi machines, they come with a shim for water.I can't say they work because the ones I have I don't use.Soft water bottles do bridge from the weight though.

John

the only thing that I have found is to only fill the column half way if your using a sams type brand which I did when I first started out and then switched to only using aquafina 20 oz because they put co2 in the bottle to keep it ridgid which I have had almost no trouble filling the columns all the way up in any of the two deep machines that I have.

Just my .02

If you're getting the usi machines, they come with a shim for water.I can't say they work because the ones I have I don't use.Soft water bottles do bridge from the weight though.

John

Yes, USI machines. I guess Ill get some for the Royal and see if it helps.

John

They will help with the USI machines but will not totally solve the problem. Another solution is to not fill the column all the way to the top with Ozarka type thin plastic bottles. Better yet, use hard sided bottled like Dasani or Aqua FIna, they will cost more but will have far fewer problems.

Archived