Church Location

I think you're pretty fortunate depending on how big the church is and their daily traffic (obviously). I was trying to work with a local k-12 academy/church where the church makes all the decisions and EVERYTHING goes through the church side. For example the academy has class m-f 5 days a week, but still requires the ok from the church for use of the classroom because that classroom is used for sunday school once a week. The church has a candy machine where all proceeds go to some kind of scholarship fund, so even though the academy wanted my machine, the church was worried that they would lose money for their scholarships. good luck though.

Like Garry said, it depends on the size of the church and the amount of traffic throughout the week. If you are counting on sales only on Sundays and Wednesdays, it would be difficult to make a decent amount of money. But if it is the church you already attend, then making a profit while not wasting gas would be a benefit.

I serviced a large building that was owned by a church in the past. The church had a regular church building, a school, and a gymnasium-like place where events were held. The event center, if you could call it that, had about 6 soda machines (all 3rd party) and 1 snack machine (independent, which I serviced). This account would often do maybe $25/week for several weeks... then do $200 in a week.. then back down to $25. In fact, it was so inconsistent, we had to make sure it wasn't ever overstocked but THEN we would get call ins because everything was sold out!

My conclusion: this was probably one of your larger event centers that was owned and operated by a church, and I have had several opportunities to give them my number and I haven't even had any desire to do so.

If you are selling canned soda and they have a break area, it might not be so bad.

I put a drink machine in my church taking over from Coke who wasn't servicing them well. It does on average about $100/month gross. There are some months better depending on activities at the activity center. They also shut down the machine during church run events such as the yearly festival so that it doesn't detract from their sales...just get these issues ironed out ahead of time so you won't be unpleasantly surprised if they have a large gathering and you find nothing gone from your machine. I put it in mainly because it is my church and they are also benefiting from the sales that it does make. They wanted 20% of sales which I agreed to when they agreed to the higher cost/vend to make it up.

Archived