Dixie Narco 501t

mars has the best reputation, i use all coincos because i got a deal on them for 30ea i have been

slowly replacing my few machines with ardac vals to coincos. yes u will need a different harness, for the 501t

i think the voltage may be different from a single price machine. I will check mine and let you know, it still has

the ardac one in it. actually i am planning to remove the validator today

I'd really appriciate any pointers that you may have. I picked this machine up for $25 due to the missing acceptor and no keys. I've drilled out the lock and have a new one on order, not it's just the acceptor and a few other small things. The best part about the sale was that the changer was still full! They paid me about $10 to take the machine!

They paid me about $10 to take the machine!

I just hate it when that happens. ;D

A call to Dixie Narco or even something like Vendors Exchange should yield the info you need to replace the DBV. You will need to have the serial and model #'s handy for reference.

a 501T should be a regular single price machine. The mounting area (which should be standard) and the coin mech and it's harnessing will determine what validator will work for you.

Try to remember that when you buy something for 5% of the normal price it is likely the person selling it might not have the right to sell it.

Without knowing the make and model of the old BA, no one can know if you need a new harness.

I like Mars 2000 type BAs

Walta

They can be either way. I've seen SIID and MPC boards in them before.

We need to know what coin mech you have, and what control board you have to determine what validator and harness you need.

What you have is the dreaded MPC Dixe.

Your machine does not have the fuses that were added to keep from catching fire, if more than one selection should jam.

My guess is the harness is for an Ardac BA.

Follow the wires back toward the board often you will find the part number for your harness printed the cable sheath.

If you use a VN2511-U3E BA

With Harness MEI #112511008-4

BA set for SHORT PULSE

Walta

ooh i was wondering what that fuse was for, lol mine doesnt have it either.

any idea where to get a board with the fuse? the old (dead) board has a fuse but it doesnt come out

as ffar as i can tell

What you have is the dreaded MPC Dixe.

Your machine does not have the fuses that were added to keep from catching fire, if more than one selection should jam.

My guess is the harness is for an Ardac BA.

Follow the wires back toward the board often you will find the part number for your harness printed the cable sheath.

If you use a VN2511-U3E BA

With Harness MEI #112511008-4

BA set for SHORT PULSE

Walta

I found this number on the harness. -2x5567

I called DN and all that the could tell me was that it had a single price 120v BA.

I called Coinco and they suggested that I install a MAG 30 or BA30, in addition to a new harness.

Do the BAs plug into two plugs? Will i be using both plugs pictured above?

Also, I'm unable to get into the service mode on the machine. Any pointers? Do I need a BA in order to get into the service mode?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived