Mint Boxes

Harvending

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a friend who tryed this once.

put like 4 lbs of york pattys in it.

came back a month later, only 4 bucks in it.

but she said everyone in the office had wonderfull minty breath.

good thing she didnt try a charity beer chest.

• 2 months later...

Can you give us an link to your innitial post. Am interested, because I'm trying to get into some sort of honor box route. Also what was the percent of loss,if any. Keep it up looks good so far.

Can you give us an link to your innitial post. Am interested, because I'm trying to get into some sort of honor box route. Also what was the percent of loss,if any. Keep it up looks good so far.

My innitial post was mint boxes My losses are 12-15%

Harvending - I had forgot about your original post until this one came up. I have snack honor boxes out there now, but this is intriguing to fill in the gaps between offices, etc. Can you tell us, in general, where your locations are? Where you've had the best luck in locating? Restaurants, offices, retail???

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am using acrylic boxes, this looks much better on counter. I an using york patties from Sams, and striped mints from sams, Bobs mints. I am seeing Bobs mints do about the same. I have been testing Tootsie Roll bite size and I am seeing a lot of loss. I will stop using when I use up stock. Bobs mints 2 for 25 .02 cent each. These have a 2 year self life and hold up at any temperature

what size boxes do you use and how much per box did you pay?

about how many mints do the acrylic boxes hold?

thanks!

Well got my 125 mint boxes located last week. Got a call early on Sat. morning requesting I fill box up due to it being empty and pick up the money. Went and serviced box and took it home and counted money to find $35 in box. Now the reason for it being so high was that my price points starting out are .35 or 3/$1. Hoping to nip the shrinkage in the bud with the higher price point. So far no problems. Also found out avg per month is around $18 gross. Mints sold at Sam's for $12.42 come out to 7 cents per piece. Hoping to get the rest of the 275 boxes located before years end.

Got another call from same customer. Need more candy box is empty. I also want to mention this is twice in just 9 days and first pull there was 0% shrinkage. Sheridan systems in Buffalo is where I got mine at. Looking to get to 400 locations by years end the. I go full time.

Geez, leave 3 boxes. Problem is that's $100 sitting there waiting for you. Might be an every week stop. Good problem to have.

Those with a mint box/ lollipop route..... Would you place a second or third box and risk theft of all that cash to save some time. Or do you just stop there every week?

Got another call from same customer. Need more candy box is empty. I also want to mention this is twice in just 9 days and first pull there was 0% shrinkage. Sheridan systems in Buffalo is where I got mine at. Looking to get to 400 locations by years end the. I go full time.

wow thats AWESOME!!! thanks for the updates, its very encouraging to see your results, thanks for sharing. we are working on getting our honor boxes, and smaller candy-mint boxes out too.

Geez, leave 3 boxes. Problem is that's $100 sitting there waiting for you. Might be an every week stop. Good problem to have.

Those with a mint box/ lollipop route..... Would you place a second or third box and risk theft of all that cash to save some time. Or do you just stop there every week?

I have left 2 boxes before with no problems

They only wanted 1 box, so I asked to leave extra mints and they said they would fill it up when it got low. Also just picked up box and counted it, $77 and no shrinkage in 9 days.

Do you ever dream and think, "If I could just have 50 of those..." Just 50! $140,000 a year in sales. LOL

• 1 month later...

November Update In Nov. Total Sales $615 COG $234 I include shrinkage in COG I look at each location to evaluate loss, if too high I pull it. In Nov. I pulled 6 boxes, will relocate next week. 35 locations serviced

• 1 month later...

Harvending,

I'm in the planning stage. I've recently caught on to the honor donation boxes. I was looking into snack boxes before seeing how the candy donation boxes could possibly work for me. I really value your information posts. Questions, if you would be so kind: I believe you wrote that you found your locator through Craigslist(apologies if I'm wrong). How in the world did you do that? I've looked for locators and found none on Craigslist. Maybe I did it incorrectlly or there're just none in my area. You mentioned he will travel - do you know how far he would travel(I believe you're in North Carolina; I'm several states north)? It seems like he gets locations quickly and will relocate poor performers I guess within a period of time. I understand it would have to be worth his while to travel. I want to start and increase locations quickly, so I believe I could make it worth someone's while. I've read a lot on other telemarket locators, and a couple of them seem to be pretty good, but in reading your posts, maybe an in-person locator would be better - especially at a rate similar to one of the telemarket locators. If you see fit to answer my questions, please do so by PM(I'm new to this forum, but I think I can figure the PM function out).

Archived