Single Head?, Double Head?, Triple Head?, Rack?

sighlent1

Hey, I'm a newbie to the vending world

I've been placing Single Head Beaver RB-16's and was wondering is this the best way to start

Would you recommend a beginner to stick with the Single Heads, or expand to the Double, Triple, or Racks?

I'd appreciate any feedback whatsoever

Thank you!

Bob

Well with singles out you might take your best couple of spots and try a double and see if sales pick up. If your doing an office or a break room I would go with a double. IF sales pick up the doubles you can always change them to triples. If your running 15-20 a month I would try a double and see what happens.

I started with Vendstar triples and have since bought a few Eagles and NW 60's to do some singles and doubles. Even set up a couple of 4 ways for doing some toys.

You are off to a great start by using sturdy, reliable equipment in easy-to-locate configurations. Singles and doubles are the easiest to place, and by that logic you can build your route "quickly". If you Need to, you can upgrade to bigger/better machines, but downgrading can be a pain.

You are off to a good start- keep up the good work, and keep us posted!

I would suggest going with vendstar or ultravend sence you are just starting for many reasons.

1. Their very cheap ( used on craigslist <$50)

2. give you a triple setup allowing you to experiment to see what candy does best in your area.

3. they are compact canisters so they take the same space of a double head machine

4. parts are cheap ( yes these machines are not the greatest but i have only things happen to mice in over 4 years of vending, and only have used less than 1 parts machine)

5. you can always upgrade!!!

just some things to think about but good luck

Also a little more advice ....NEVER BUY NEW,

i have bought only one new machine and it was my first machine. I will never buy new again because 9 out of 10 times used machines are fairly new due to the prior owner couldnt place them. also even if they were used these machines are ment to be used and age means very little on such a simple machine. trust me i own over 100 machines and have over 65 on route.

new vendstar=$300 Used <$50

Uturn New $700 Used <$125

get the point

I agree with Addam- don't buy new. One thing I would advise is to avoid the Ultravend machine. The Vendstar is a better machine in many ways, the largest being portion control. Ultravends don't have a good method for portion control, which can limit your product options (they give out too many Peanut M&M's for example). I know the Vendstar gets a bad reputation around here, but it really is the best "starter" machine you can get. It's very forgiving, durable enough for "most" accounts and available in large numbers for low prices.

If you choose to start with triple machines, these are the way to go.

Good points Addam!

Stick with single head gum for now. Only add another head if the location needs it. Dont buy junk. I have Northwesterns and Oaks that are 30 years old and still look and work well. (Yes I do refurb if needed.) But, stick with quality, if you stay at bulk vending you will be thankfull you never bought junk.

I agree with Addam- don't buy new.

this might be true for a part-time small vendor but doesnt apply to full-time vendors, not me anyway, I have bought used machines in the past because the deal was to good to pass up, but I always buy new now because I dont want a hodgepodge of different machines in my fleet, I also do not have the time to refurb a used machine. also, if you r not careful you will have as much money in a used machine fixing it up as you would in a new machine. i.e. not to many 1 inch machines are being sold with 50 cent mechs and thats all I use now, so if I have to buy a mech and a capsule wheel and repaint a used machine it's going to cost me as much or more as a new one.

Hey, I'm a newbie to the vending world

I've been placing Single Head Beaver RB-16's and was wondering is this the best way to start

Would you recommend a beginner to stick with the Single Heads, or expand to the Double, Triple, or Racks?

I'd appreciate any feedback whatsoever

Thank you!

Bob

yes, stick with single heads, do not buy triples, with singles you can make any configuration you want. I am not a fan of vendstars and would never use them but they work for some people, if you do use them expect to be ridiculed both on this forum and by people in the field looking at your vendstars on location. they are an easy target for other vendors to get you booted out of your location.

DON'T GET TRIPLES. Like I've always said, if you're doing this as a hobby, then get triples. If you're trying to build a business, forget you ever heard about triples.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

DON'T GET TRIPLES. Like I've always said, if you're doing this as a hobby, then get triples. If you're trying to build a business, forget you ever heard about triples.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I'm curious to know why.

I'm curious to know why.

Because a double will suffeciently service a triple location in most cases, where it won't, where you need more because it's so high volume your better going with a rack, even if it's only a 4 head rack.

Just to reaffirm my stance- triples are great starter machines, and if you are looking for cheap starters, they are a good start, but in the end small single/double setups will serve you better in the long run. I am building my route with this new model. My triples do make money, but if you want to build a quality route that will make you some real income, triples just aren't going to cut it in the long run.

My defense of the Vendstar is only by comparison to the Ultravend, which is (in my opinion) an inferior machine by design standards, and it's for that reason that I defended the Vendstar.

Again, build your route with quality used equipment when possible to achieve the vending route you desire.

Hopefully that will clear up any confusion on my stance on the "Vendstar" issue, and satisfy some upset parties. <_<

I'm new myself but don't mind sharing my experience so far. 95% of my machines I bought used from Craigslist or Ebay. I have 4 Vendstars and so far they're my favorite. They're very inexpensive and by far the easiest to use over my other metal machines. They're also light so I (being a woman) can easily locate and don't have to look like I'm struggling carrying a machine into a location. I have bought 2 new machines from A&A Global simply because the location we landed wanted something specific we didn't have in our inventory of machines and it was a foot in the door of winning all of their vending business (where a current competitor is as well) so we felt a shiny new machine would outshine the competitors old dirty 1/2 empty machine. As far as single heads, double or triple heads I've found like most posters above single & double are definitely easier to place. Hope that helps!

Archived