New Member starting Central Florida

Exelius

Hi,

Im a new member and am getting ready to start. I have read alot of the posts on here so far and also some books like vending in a box etc. I'm looking at machines used and new especially the Northwestern to start out with. Also, I'm stuck on whether I should go Sole Proprietor, LLC, or S Corp. Decisions decisions. Anyways thanks for a great site.

One thing to consider is that when starting out, it is hard to pay for the liability insurance.

You certainly don't want to lose any personal assets due to an accident. The LLC protects you somewhat from this.

Yes I have thought of that. The S Corporation should also. I havent seen a tax person yet but I'm thinking the S Corp may help with tax issues concerning employment tax but I'm not sure about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Start as a sole proprietorship and you can move up to a LLC. Just a basic Liability Policy would be a couple of Hundred dollars depending on how much coverage you need. LLC is a lot less hassles to have and run. Compared to a sub chaper S corp. LLC is a pas though entity like a sole proprietorship but still insulates the business assets from your personal assents. So it is kind of a nice in-between a Sole P and a S corp.

Good luck in what ever you decide.

Archived