I need a combo machine!

allstar2200

$200.00 a month is very optimistic for 15 employees most would be thrilled to sell 1 dollar a week per employee.

If you sell every item in a combo the gross is $65.00 you will need to restock at closer to 40.00.

I don’t think you can drive to Sams, buy the product, drive to the location, stock the machine, collect the coins, drive to the bank get the coin counted and deposited in less than 2 hours even at 1 hour you are 250.00 in the hole

It gets really ugly if the sales come in closer to $40.00 a month

+4800

-2400 labor 5 hour a month x 48 months x $10.00

-2640 product 55%

-900 cost of equipment

-336 Sales taxes

-100 City licenses

I don’t mean to rain on your parade I just want you to have your eyes open going in.

In my opinion combos are sure losers the small gross sales per service drive up your labor cost to a point where profit is almost imposable.

Walta

I should have said if you think this is good location buy full size equipment

I am not saying not to get into vending just that a combo machine is all most certainly a looser.

Walta

It's actually a family member and he asked for a combo. They had a soda machine which would always sell out and the guy wouldn't come to stock it(he's being honest saying it sells out in 2 weeks) there are very few near places for food and I know he would be a big user of the machine as well any opinions?

If the machine does sell 500 can every 2 weeks.

And your combo holds 24 can in each selection how often will you need to fill it.

Get them to make room for full size equipment and you will be in the money.

If the last vender was too lazy to restock, he probably too lazy fill it all the way up when he did restock.

Walta

Just ask for fullsizse if its a good place u need a big coke machine. I have a dairy that makes 700-800 a month the vendo 511 w bv and all was $500 and the snack crane national that even takes 5s was $575. Every week I put about 4 20 packs of coke 1 of Dr pepper abd others as well. If I had a combo there I'd have to go daily

• 3 weeks later...

If the existing vendor stopped servicing it is would be a major red flag to me. I have several combo machines in service (all American made - Crane or Ap) but would never place one as the only machine onsite. Even the good ones don't hold enough product to be profitable unless you plan on camping out in the parking lot. I use combo machines as an appeasement to the management offices at larger blue collar accounts and have never had one that did $200 per month.

Archived