cost to replace parts

megas92

I came across an ad on craigslist today for a dixie narco 501e for 400 dollars the ad says the machine was fully functional and working at the time it was moved from its location and thehe only thing that it need is to have the power cord replaced and a new lock ( the machine is currently unlocked and he said he misplaced the key). He said the cable got caught under the machine while they were moving it and it split but theres no damage on the outside . I was wondering how much and how easy it would be to replace those 2 parts? also could this be scam since the cord is out and theres no was to turn it on? (sorry kind of young and new to vending maybe im just paranoid)

also one last note the seller lives 25 minutes from my house.

Lock is about 5-8 bucks.

Cord....if you can't test it....don't buy it. If the end is damaged, cut the end off, go to a local hardware store and purchase a new hospital plug end and put it on. Plugs are pretty cheap. As long as the cord is not damaged right at the point it goes into the machine, you can cut the cable off at the poing of damange, put a plug on and test it.

Travsi

wwait but how much is the whole cord if its more then the end is broken its sounding like this could be deffinatey worth the 25 minute trip. Also were do you get the locsk I never had to buy / replace locks before but we do have a local locksmith 1 mile in town if its possible to have a new key made for it .

wow that is a steal if its working, if u need help connecting the cord lmk ill post some pics of the parts u need i do

it all the time for certain crane games i throw out all of the molex power connectors and just install a GFI outlet inside it

Ok so I went and bought the machine for 400 when I got the the guy had already fixed the cord and got it running to show it worked perfectly and It has no problems at all but it still needs a lock does anyone have or know were to get one?. this has to be my best deal yet I even have a spot lined up for it in a new sports complex 20 minutes away they have indoor fields multiple different leagues play there soccer ,rugby,football etc , I even sat there last night they had over 50 kids playing soccer plus however many parents were standing around (to many to count). I talked to the owner and the owner said yeah as long as its profitable he wants 10% comisson all in all should be good to go as soon as I can get a lock. and key.

Ok so I went and bought the machine for 400 when I got the the guy had already fixed the cord and got it running to show it worked perfectly and It has no problems at all but it still needs a lock does anyone have or know were to get one?. this has to be my best deal yet I even have a spot lined up for it in a new sports complex 20 minutes away they have indoor fields multiple different leagues play there soccer ,rugby,football etc , I even sat there last night they had over 50 kids playing soccer plus however many parents were standing around (to many to count). I talked to the owner and the owner said yeah as long as its profitable he wants 10% comisson all in all should be good to go as soon as I can get a lock. and key.

You checked the cooler and change accepter too I hope.

We stocked the machine halfway and tested each column, the bill acceptor works, the coin mech gives correct change and the drinks are cold everything works perfectly . I couldnt asked for a better deal .

good deal man

there is no local vending repair shop that that I know of and my paypals dead so I cant use ebay .

There are a lot of lock companies to get locks from, local, internet e-bay etc. I use these guys.

http://www.lockingsystems.com/

Wherever you go spend a few extra bucks and get the high security locks, they will hold up better if someone tries to break into the machine.

A standard barrel lock is the easiest repair you'll ever have to make on a vending machine. It requires a flathead screwdriver to remove the existing lock and nothing to insert the new one. This should not consume more than 2 minutes of your time. You can buy barrel locks with keys from a number of sources online - I buy mine from one source so all my locks are keyed alike and supposedly no one else has the key. Alas, they can always be drilled out if somebody's really bent on cracking your machine.

Archived