meeting/presentation tomorrow

wbuffett

So i've got a meeting set up for possible placement of 2 snack and soda combo machines at a high end retirement community. 1 will be in the breakroom where housekeeping and nurses will have access and the other where nurses and visitors will have access. I got the lead from a friend. He seems to think they are willing to switch. I went with him and looked at the place last week and the nurse who was showing us around said that they break down often.

This is the first time ive had to pitch for business. How do you got about your presentation/pitch? Any advice is appreciated. Im going to have photos of my machines and a box of samples that i'll be carrying. Also a list of my pricing. What else?

Thanks,

chris

This is not my end of this business but this is my take

You need to feel them out and find out what is more important to the decision maker some places it’s all the commission others want the lowest vend prices for their employees, some want shiny new equipment.

I feel the thing a small operator brings to the table is the owner will be on site more often than not and that personal connection is the thing you need to sell.

Walta

So i've got a meeting set up for possible placement of 2 snack and soda combo machines at a high end retirement community. 1 will be in the breakroom where housekeeping and nurses will have access and the other where nurses and visitors will have access. I got the lead from a friend. He seems to think they are willing to switch. I went with him and looked at the place last week and the nurse who was showing us around said that they break down often.

This is the first time ive had to pitch for business. How do you got about your presentation/pitch? Any advice is appreciated. Im going to have photos of my machines and a box of samples that i'll be carrying. Also a list of my pricing. What else?

Thanks,

chris

bring your ears, the most important thing.

i never even bring images, because equipment will depend on

what you are installing , size, space. u know if its a warehouse

i dont want to bring a pic of some nice clean brand new USI machine

when an old AP or rowe i have kicking around will work,etc...

the most important thing ASK QUESTIONS and LISTEN

and find out what the pain points are for the client. if RJT still reads

this forum i want to say THANK YOU because he taught me this and its

the #1 most important aspect of vending sales or any sales in my experience.

some accts are looking for better selection, better prices, more reliable equipment

particular snacks, healthy vending,etc...

here is some of what i ask:

CUSTOMER NEEDS QUESTIONAIRE

Prospect

Background

( do some due dilligence about the company, how many employees, locations, etc... )

General

Existing vendor?

( who does their vending now, what do you know about them)

Main goal you are trying to accomplish (customer satisfaction, employee satisifaction, increased revenue)?

(self explanatory)

How can we assist you to accomplish those goals (better service,better selection, lower prices/discount, higher commission/incentives, equipment, healthy vending/FIT PICK)?

Commissions

Existing vendor commission and sales volume 3-6mo if available?

If not trial period ( 3 months ) to determine volume and commission percentage

Coffee service

Current coffee volume?

Discount applicable?

Machine Installation

Dimensions of area

Look/feel

I-vend required / refund policy?

Security camera or machine visible to staff?

i always bring a spreadsheet with pricing data, because commission will dictate your pricing.

i have the cols labeled

b, p5, p10, p15, p20, p25

b = base price you charge

pX = price @ x% commission (rounded up to nearest $0.05)

this way it shows the DM exactly what commission means for the pricing.

i always bring a spreadsheet with pricing data, because commission will dictate your pricing.

i have the cols labeled

b, p5, p10, p15, p20, p25

b = base price you charge

pX = price @ x% commission (rounded up to nearest $0.05)

this way it shows the DM exactly what commission means for the pricing.

Wow, you can teach a old dog new tricks every once on a while. I like that

I always call for a appointment. Then I call the day before to remind them. Once there I like to talk so getting a conversation going always works for me. I explain that I need to see the vending area so I have some idea of the space and type of vending equipment I can offer. Of course, once there take out your cell phone and take lots of photos of the product/pricing/type of machines. Then just ask why they are unhappy with the current vending service. Once that question is out there they will fill you in on all of the problems. That is when I listen very closely.

After hearing all of the problems I ask if they are in a contract. If not I tell them how I can fix their problems and then I do the most important thing, I ask for their business. I explain what I can do for them to make the vending service run smooth, what I can offer that they don't have (coffee or ice cream units), healthy products, maybe some commission, better service, etc.

If they like what I say sometimes they don't know how to move forward so I explain what we need to do is sign a installation agreement which gives me permission to bring machines on to the property. If it is a large installation we need to work out a contract that is fair to both parties. Once we get through all of that we need to give the other vendor a 30 day notice but I always ask them not to give notice until I have the equipment cleaned, checked and ready to go. That way if the vendor gets mad and just comes in to pick up the machines we will be ready to install right away.

That is my style...all the best of luck to you.

Archived