Snack machine help - gum?

I took the gum tray out completely out of my machine ,simply because the machine at work has gum and mints, it does not sell. We ask for a cold sandwich machine from our vendor, his expression was (to much trouble!) I would put one in but it is a conflict of interest! lol!

Good luck on the gum tray JCS Vending!

Mike

I have a snack machine that has 2 of the candy slots that are split down the middle and will hold the small packs of gum. They sold very slow. I took the larger packs of gum and stuck them in a different candy slot and they sell better than the small ones, so I put star burst in the split slots and kept the larger gum.

I then bought a few national 147s that were equipted with the "7th shelf" that was mentioned above. The machine has everything priced @ $1 and the gum row priced @ $1.50 They sell very well.

@ Sam's Club you can find eclipse variety pack for around $0.55 per pack. Most everything else is around $0.75 I'm selling the eclipse @ $1.00 in machines that do not have the 7th tray I put them in the candy slots that are spaced for hersey bars.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Most vendors on the West Coast yank the gum tray out so it doesn't look bad having empty selections. I do have one account that requested gum and they really buy it but we're probably talking an extra $10 a month gross.

Archived