I had 2 machines hit last weekend

I had 2 machines broke into last weekend. They knew what they were doing. Both machines they broke the lens over the LED readout and unlocked the t handle. They were both Royal machines. One was mine and the other a 3rd party machine. I guess I was lucky, they only took all the money, change and bills. They could have taken the coin and dollar mech's. It had been my first time to extend my service on both machines, its been a month since I serviced them. Time to look into installing high security locks. The only damage to machines is the red lens that covers the LED. Its still depressing.

The strange thing is that the machines were about 15 or 20 miles apart. I think they had a route planned out.

That Sucks! Man I hate a thief!

That is one of my biggest fear for my one machine out in front of the used car dealership, the office was broken into two weeks ago, didn't touch my machine. I have to fill it every week or it goes empty on Dr P. that is a 120 cans between the two rows, mountain dew, will empty to. The machine holds almost 500 cans.

Hope they get caught!

I had a third party machine get hit also.. its a royal machine.. they popped the lock somehow stole all the money (left the bill box and changer insert tho) and stole all the pop from the machine except dt coke..it was a bottle machine..they didnt get much tho as I checked it last week...

I had 2 machines broke into last weekend. They knew what they were doing. Both machines they broke the lens over the LED readout and unlocked the t handle. They were both Royal machines. One was mine and the other a 3rd party machine. I guess I was lucky, they only took all the money, change and bills. They could have taken the coin and dollar mech's. It had been my first time to extend my service on both machines, its been a month since I serviced them. Time to look into installing high security locks. The only damage to machines is the red lens that covers the LED. Its still depressing.

The strange thing is that the machines were about 15 or 20 miles apart. I think they had a route planned out.

It comes with the territory, in this case I would add some hasps and puck locks so that they won't get in that way next time.

i had one broke into a few months back, took the cash, coin mech and 1/2 the product in the machine, and coin box. Had to get a new coin mech refill machine - added a hasp and puck lock to it after that.

I'm glad they didn't cut the wiring.

Two hotels on my route got hit in exactly the same way over the last year. I still can't figure out how they did it, but they pop out the LED display and that enables them to get the T-handle to pop out. I hockey puck locked all of these locations and have not had a problem since.

Archived