Potential Customer

bil10219

I have a potential customer. An athletic complex with high foot traffic. Currently I don't have any customers that are similar. They want lots of water, sports drinks, healthy foods etc. Any suggestions on products? Will a Dixie 501 be big enough? I will need to purchase a snack machine. What size will it need to be? Also he wants a commission. How much should I offer? He is asking other vendors as well so it is a competetive situation.

Thanks in advance for your input.

If you're going to be selling mostly bottled products, you should go with a glass front drink machine. That way you don't have to deal with all the extra/different shims. The basic drop front model would be a lot cheaper than the robot arm models and would allow you more flexibilty than a "stack style" bubble front machine.

If they require all healthy snacks, the snack machine will be a loser. If you can get away with some healthy items and the rest things people actually buy, then it might be OK.

A five wide snack machine has a lot of selections. I concentrate on maxing my snack machine sales and still find myself groping to fill all those slots.

If you're going to be selling mostly bottled products, you should go with a glass front drink machine. That way you don't have to deal with all the extra/different shims. The basic drop front model would be a lot cheaper than the robot arm models and would allow you more flexibilty than a "stack style" bubble front machine.

If they require all healthy snacks, the snack machine will be a loser. If you can get away with some healthy items and the rest things people actually buy, then it might be OK.

A five wide snack machine has a lot of selections. I concentrate on maxing my snack machine sales and still find myself groping to fill all those slots.

I agree with the glassfront machine, with or without the robotics. In my experience these kind os locations will do very poorly on snacks items, I'd suggest no more than a 3 wide, if any at all. As for the healthy stuff... first you have to agree on what exactly "healthy" is. Then I'd tell them we can start at 25% and if it sells you can increase the %age when the sales justify it.

Archived