Need advice on getting two large machines inside somewhat small door.

Mike32110

Hello everyone,

So I am planning on moving in a full size snack and drink machine (model numbers are : MN V721 for the drink machine and for the snack machine MN AMS 39-640) inside a door with an EXACT space of 35 inches. I found a website showing the V721 width is 34 and 3/4 of an inch, and another website showed the snack machine as exactly 35 inches for depth). So first, I was wondering if it is generally possible to take the doors off if necessary, to get the machine in.

Secondly, any other advice?!

the door and hinges prolly are a few inches more.

This was using the main entrance, and the door opens fully and the hinges are equal or slightly less protruding than the door frame, so it is EXACTLY 35 inches of space from wood to wood, with nothing else hanging out.

Do I need to lube up my vending machines? :P

This was using the main entrance, and the door opens fully and the hinges are equal or slightly less protruding than the door frame, so it is EXACTLY 35 inches of space from wood to wood, with nothing else hanging out.

Do I need to lube up my vending machines? :P

maybe. or a good running start.

ramming speed mr sulu!

not as bad as my hot dog cart thou.

54 inch wide cart. 35 inch door.

have to go thru the warehouse back door each time.

HI,

In general,

If you open the machine door up sometimes you can finesse the machine into an otherwise too narrow door opening.

Sometimes, even if a building door opens fully, you can gain a little more clearance bu taking the building's door off its hinges.

As a last resort, you can take the machine's door off (I save this for last since the other 2 above methods are often easier).

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

HI,

In general,

If you open the machine door up sometimes you can finesse the machine into an otherwise too narrow door opening.

Sometimes, even if a building door opens fully, you can gain a little more clearance bu taking the building's door off its hinges.

As a last resort, you can take the machine's door off (I save this for last since the other 2 above methods are often easier).

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

Awesome, that's kind of what I was thinking.

Mike

Repairman that's exactly what I was thinking, you take it in just like you would a couch and essentially wrap it around one side of the doorway. We just tried this when we moved a machine recently and it would have worked if it wasn't for the 2 foot thick 150 year old wall that the doorway was in. Still wasn't to bad to just take the door off the machine(rowe 5900).

• 3 weeks later...

Using a mover like this is ideal for going through doorways. We use to remove doors and use a standard furniture mover dolly but once I got movers similar to these we use them for most moves. You can swing the door open while strapped in and swing it through a doorway. As long as the kickplate is smaller then the doorway you should fit, since most doors extend 4-6 inches past this plate. The only issue I have come across is non standard door heights.

Im glad you were able to get it through, but something like this may save you some time in the future.

Archived