Have a chance to get into amusement vending(kiddie rides)

MikeFeldman

I placed a triple bulk candy machine in a hair salon yesterday. the owner said she wanted 2 kiddie rides for in front of her store something for boys and something for girls. she said she would bring them in at night, which I dont even think is possible. is it? I know pretty much nothing about kiddie rides, I dont have a big enough vehicle to transport one, I was going to try to find one used on craigslist and see if they can deliver to the salon. there is no awning or anything to cover them, the owner wants 50% commision, she wanted 40% for the bulk machine I placed yesterday which normally I would NEVER agree to but I wanted to keep my foot in the door, Ill pull it after I place the kiddie ride if I decide to, does anyone have any advice? would really appreciate it right now thanks.

Walk away, they make no money.

OKay I think I will thanks. I cant really find any deals anyway. Is there anything else you'd recommend that someone could put outside during the day? I thought maybe a tomy gacha but I wouldn't want to give 40 percent of the profits, maybe a crane or something?

I have a rack on wheels that a store moves in and out, but I don't recommend it. I had a rack that was bolted to the side walk under a huge overhang at a 24 grocery once. Did pretty well and had few problems, i always thought I was very lucky. The crane would be tipped over the first day.

musser is right

they average $30- $40.00 per month in a busy location

at 50% thats $15-$20.00 per month

average cost of a used machine is anywhere from $300-$1500.00

so it would take you 20 months before it was even. then profit from there

they are a bit heavy and bulky and would not be a easy thing to move in and out every night

bill

musser is right

they average $30- $40.00 per month in a busy location

at 50% thats $15-$20.00 per month

average cost of a used machine is anywhere from $300-$1500.00

so it would take you 20 months before it was even. then profit from there

they are a bit heavy and bulky and would not be a easy thing to move in and out every night

bill

Read this post and am curious about the commisions. What is a standard commission for a gumball machine or rack? I have about 20 bar locations that i do 50/50 splits with minus fees. i.e. touchtune,golden tee fees. I recently expanded to the claw business and am doing a 33% operator,33% establishment,33% plush split. 50/50 splits seem like the norm in bar biz but am i offering the right split on claws? Thinking about getting into gumballs as well. What is a typical split for these? Thanks.

P.S. this site is amazing. Have had alot of great reponses to my posts that have helped me immensly in starting out with claw machines. Thanks to all the regulars who have given me great feedback. You know who you are.

Read this post and am curious about the commisions. What is a standard commission for a gumball machine or rack? I have about 20 bar locations that i do 50/50 splits with minus fees. i.e. touchtune,golden tee fees. I recently expanded to the claw business and am doing a 33% operator,33% establishment,33% plush split. 50/50 splits seem like the norm in bar biz but am i offering the right split on claws? Thinking about getting into gumballs as well. What is a typical split for these? Thanks.

P.S. this site is amazing. Have had alot of great reponses to my posts that have helped me immensly in starting out with claw machines. Thanks to all the regulars who have given me great feedback. You know who you are.

i do 30% of gross or 50% of net on claw machines works out to the same but a lot of the foreign

owners have trouble getting past the idea they arent getting "50%"

OKay thanks guys I think I'm just gunna walk. The owner sad she did well with having 2 kiddie rides a horse and race car when she lived NYC but her new neighborhood is no where near as busy. you guys saved me from a big head ache thanks again, Michael.

I live in NY and thats a dead business out here

Archived