zingers and chocolate cakes?

TKK

Why does sams move their product all randomly. Those chocolate cakes with white frosting swirls were selling like crazy. I was selling 30-40 a week at 1.25 and now I don't see em. Same thing with zingers. Now they don't even Cary the small donuts what's going on? All I have are honey buns and Texas cinnamon bun

Any product made by Hostess are no longer made. Maybe some day somebody will buy the recipies from Hostess and sell those products once again.

That will undoubtedly happen, the process is underway with the bankruptcy court and remaining management in the process of liquidating the company. As part of the liquidation process they are taking bids from various companies for the rights to the various brands that were owned by Hostess. The only question is how long will it take to go through the process and how long it will take the new owner to begin production and distribution again.

I think Sams club just wasn't ready for the demand on the Duchess Mini donuts that they are selling. I have been told that they are running out almost immediately after they get them in due to the increase demand with hostess going out of business. Other options are available through VIstar, or you could try a local distributor. I also use Mrs. Freshleys, or Cloverhill mini donuts when I can't get donuts from Sams.

Is there any replacements?! I might need to cross the border and get the Mexican ones. What have u guys replaced them with

Mrs Freshley's, Cloverhill and Broadstreet Bakery items from Vistar. You might also be able to get stuff from Mrs Bairds locally, I quit using them a few years ago when they starting demanding that I order 2 weeks in advance.

My problem right now is I was getting weekly deliveries worth approx. $200 a week from hostess and all they had to do was drop it off at my warehouse.

Now I cannot find anyone locally here who wants to deliver. I dont get it.

When I talk to other companies and explain to them that I had a standing order for the same quantity of the same items every week

they act like its too much trouble.

They dont have to stock shelves and I take care of the stales.

Like mission, they all want me to order two weeks ahead and come pick it up like they are doing me a favor.

Also Zingers are made by Dolly Madison which is owned by Hostess but last I read on the web (about a week ago) the two Dolly plants ( one in Georgia and one I forget where) were still operating and they were going to try to keep them open.

yep. the hostess kid died this year. his food will be sorely missed by couch potatos everywhere.

but, someone will prolly buy thier recipes sooner or later.

those have got to be worth more then a few million.

they may not have contained any real food, but sure were damn good.

give me my flavored oils and fats!

Archived