Drink machine help!

ki4fkw

I've asked a couple of questions on here about this, but have hit a wall.

I have a Vendo 427/245. It has a Coinco S75-9800B in it.

Here's what the problem is.

The machine is set up for cans and I always used it on my porch just to vend beer out of. No free-play, just set to $0.05. It worked flawlessly. I can't remember how full it was when it quit working, but it just quit working.

It will not accept any coins whatsoever. They pass right through to the return, and of course the machine will not allow a vend with no credit.

I assumed my old coin mech was bad, so I bought a refurbished Coinco S75-9800B and put it in. This mech is very clean and has many new parts...it even came in a factory box.

I put it in the mech in.....still....it will not accept any coins.

1. Yes, the machine is plugged in and is cooling. - Still won't accept any coins.

2. I filled all selections to capacity and all of the paddles are down. - Still won't accept any coins.

3. I filled both payout tubes - and they cycle when the button is pressed so I know the mech is getting power - Still won't accept any coins.

4. I changed the prices a few times - Still won't accept any coins.

I've read the manuals to both the machine and the mech and haven't been able to figure out the problem (though I am a newbie to drink machines).

The "CREM" is not pulled back as it sits, and the little "fingers" are out. - That is with the machine running and cooling, payout tubes filled, machine filled, and mech plugged in.

I did notice that the old mech had two separate CREMs, though the new one only uses one, with multiple fingers....both mechs are Coinco S75-9800Bs.

I'm having a get together at my house for New Years and I'm really wanting my machine to be working again.

PLEASE help me out.

What am I missing here?

did you try reseting the computer?

try to go into service mode, does it give a error?

p.s. here is the manual for it. I hope your are sort of technical.

http://www.vendoco.c...& MAXI Load.pdf

Ok here's where my ignorance will REALLY show.

I only have 2 drink machines. This one and a Dixie Narco 276E.

The Dixie is new and I know has a computer. This thing is FAR more advanced than the Vendo.

My vendo is from the 1980s. I don't think it has any kind of computer. It doesn't even have a bill changer. As a matter of a fact, it was originally a glass bottle machine. If that tells you anything.

That said. The machine itself is in very good shape. It spent it's entire life inside the lobby of a tractor dealership and has never been rained on. It has a brand new cooling deck with the current freon. It's clean and worked flawlessly until this phantom coin refusal thing started.

Now I'm wondering if I just wasted my money on a new coin mech when the problem was not my old coin mech.

RE-reading my Coinco manual. I see that the CREMS are supposed to be pulled back to allow coins to be credited. So for some reason, it is de-energized.

So I can at least say that the problem is most likely whatever would cause the CREM to de-energize.

The only things that I KNOW will make it de-energize are---- sold out, no power or in a vend cycle.

Ok here's where my ignorance will REALLY show.

I only have 2 drink machines. This one and a Dixie Narco 276E.

The Dixie is new and I know has a computer. This thing is FAR more advanced than the Vendo.

My vendo is from the 1980s. I don't think it has any kind of computer. It doesn't even have a bill changer. As a matter of a fact, it was originally a glass bottle machine. If that tells you anything.

That said. The machine itself is in very good shape. It spent it's entire life inside the lobby of a tractor dealership and has never been rained on. It has a brand new cooling deck with the current freon. It's clean and worked flawlessly until this phantom coin refusal thing started.

Now I'm wondering if I just wasted my money on a new coin mech when the problem was not my old coin mech.

RE-reading my Coinco manual. I see that the CREMS are supposed to be pulled back to allow coins to be credited. So for some reason, it is de-energized.

So I can at least say that the problem is most likely whatever would cause the CREM to de-energize.

The only things that I KNOW will make it de-energize are---- sold out, no power or in a vend cycle.

prolly not the mech then. old electro machine, hmm, you will have to go thru the manual step by step.

make sure every motor is not jammed and going to the "home" position. look for jammed things in the colums.

make sure all motors work. and all switches in the colums too. something is telling the coin mech the machine is not ready to vend. has to be, bad switch, jammed motor, or bad wiring.

The CREM coil will not pill in unless all the vend motor are in the home position and one of the sold out switches is closed.

Try touching each motor if you find one that is hot it likely has a can jammed in its gate. If not remove each cam switch and see if they click when pressed.

Walta

Falcon, take the motor cover off and vend each column by pressing the motor switch. By comparing cams and switch arm positions you may see one out of place. Could be jammed or over run from bad brake. Listen for your crem coil to pull in each manual vend. Also check bad contact on credit relay.

JB

Ho - lee - poop.

Easy as pie. The motor on one column was stuck, just like you all said. I pushed the button, it moved and taaadaaaa!

It works. You guys are the stuff.

Thanks for the help!

Archived