crane national power chord

TKK

Hi guys set up my last snack machine I think its like a 472 or Idk. Anyways this one I noticed has a different chord it says hospital grade or something like that. It kinda looks like the older plugs for washers its 3 prongs but one is like L shaped. The chord goes all the way into the back of the machine. The plug has two small screws. How can I change it asap? An adapter? Cut the chord and splice a regular one? Lol that one sounds like a no no but Lmk what u guys suggest

A washer plug is usaully 220 volts. If you have a 110v machine I would guess you have a locking plug on it. It is so the plug doesn't fall out of the wall on hospital equipment. You should be able to replace it with a male plug (cut and splice).

That's interesting - I was raised in Electrical Contracting and we did a lot of work in hospitals, haven't seen one of those plugs in years.

Any decent hardware store will have a male plug end. Remove the existing plug (carefully strip back the outer coating) and attach to the new plug. It's color coded where the brass screw takes the black wire, the silver screw takes the white wire and green goes to green. Do not simply splice the ends of two cords together - that's Bush League

It's like this one it says hospital grade on it. So I cut off the plug? And expose the wires?

http://www.nessales....59216 Pic 2.jpg

Actually, if you remove the 2 small screws, you should be able to pull the shell of the existing plug back far enough to access the screws securing the wires. Then just hook up your new plug to the exposed wires.

If the existing plug is molded onto the cord, then you'll have to cut it off and strip back enough of the insulation to make your connection.

This is really pretty simple - go get a male plug and PM me if you still can't figure it out

I took off the screws and there was the 3 wires. I bought an extension chord that had the 3 wires and just twisted the colors and used electric tape to seperate em and conceal it. It works good wish they sold just the plug now the chord is. Ilke 14 ft

I took off the screws and there was the 3 wires. I bought an extension chord that had the 3 wires and just twisted the colors and used electric tape to seperate em and conceal it. It works good wish they sold just the plug now the chord is. Ilke 14 ft

All you gotta do is go into Home Depot in the electrical section and you can buy just the plug for 3-4 bucks.

A perfect example of what you don't ever want to do - As soon as the Fire Marshall sees it you will loose that account

Did you try to plug that in? That should plug into any 15 amp circuit. It should just be a high grade plug, nothing fancy. It certainly isn't a locking plug. And do not walk but RUN and do the job right. The extension cord thing that you did actually took more time then if you did it right the first time and is dangerous. Go to HD or any hardware and ask for a 15 amp male plug.

Archived