toy taxi switch location

rxmark

I have a toy taxi with a constant flashing 03 error code. I believe it's a motor switch problem. I'm new to cranes and wanted to know where I can find the left right motor switches to check them? And is this how you fix a 03 code problem on a toy taxi?

Left/right switches are on the ends of the gantry I belive could be something blocking them

When the crane self tests on boot up what happens? If it goes left/right but flashes code u could have a bad sw check it with the continuity setting on a multimeter make sre crane is off ,refer to multimeter manual for further info

Ill get u a pic of the switches later today when I get over to my warehouse

Left/right switches are on the ends of the gantry I belive could be something blocking them

When the crane self tests on boot up what happens? If it goes left/right but flashes code u could have a bad sw check it with the continuity setting on a multimeter make sre crane is off ,refer to multimeter manual for further info

Ill get u a pic of the switches later today when I get over to my warehouse

It does nothing doesn't move just hear a motor sound no movement.

It does nothing doesn't move just hear a motor sound no movement.

if it doesnt move its not a switch or probably not i agree it could be a gear , take the crane head down

and examine whats going on there when the motor engages. post a pic if you want.

push the claw to the center of the crane, shut the crane off then turn on, if the claw goes home the motor and gear is ok.

If not take covers off claw trolly so you can see motor and gear. Reboot again and watch to see if motor turns and if so does "worm gear" on motor shaft engage drive gear to wheel? If not motor may be loose, gear stripped, or set screw missing causing gear to be out of line.

If claw goes home on reboot can you push freeplay button and then move trolly? Can you put trolly in crane center and use joy stick to go left but won't go right? If so, wire is probably broke on left trolly limit switch.

If crane does nothing on reboot unplug wires from gantry and run a jumper from power supply directly to motor to test motor, if motor runs then you may have a broken wire in the wire harness, a bad joy stick, or a bad board.

Sounds like a gear,just look at the gear to see if it's turning. If it's turning and the claw is not moving then the teeth are worn out .

Usually you can hear the grinding. If the gear is not turning and you here the motor then you have a bad motor,they do go.

Switches don't go bad that often. Check wires on switches.

The error code just means it didn't go through it's movement sequences.

anytime i have to work on a crane i just turn on and manually make it go through sequences..i move trolly in middle on machine,turn on machine, watch and see what it does,,then i manually make the switched one by one in sequence

move all the way to left,

then all the way to home

claw up

if i move it all the way to left, and it doesnt try to come forward to home then i know its that switch or motor,,if it gets home and then wont pull up etc ..

now that i got it home i can put credits on and play around with it to see what else it could be..

funny how when i first got into cranes i was intimidated by all the possibilities of malfunctions,error codes etc..now i fix them over the phone for guys in a few seconds, now they are like second nature..and it made the leap into other games and arcade machines alot easier.. once i understood that 90% of problems are power supply related on any type of amusement game that makes it easier also..

ron

Archived