Anyone have an account with Coke?

I was talking with one guy who has an account with Coke. They lend him coke machines to place for free. In exchange he can only load coke products and he has to purchase directly from Coke who delivers to his warehouse on a regular basis.

Does anyone know if it is worth setting up an account with Coke? Is the product as cheap as buying from Sam's Club for instance?

Thanks,

Ryan

Mid-State Vending

www.MidStateVending.com

I was talking with one guy who has an account with Coke. They lend him coke machines to place for free. In exchange he can only load coke products and he has to purchase directly from Coke who delivers to his warehouse on a regular basis.

Does anyone know if it is worth setting up an account with Coke? Is the product as cheap as buying from Sam's Club for instance?

Thanks,

Ryan

Mid-State Vending

www.MidStateVending.com

it's cheaper buying from a wholesale club,

unless you buy a truck load at once.

they buy at truck loads to get a good price.

some say you can also get good deals from grocery stores once in A while too.

watch walmarts ads.

I do it has its pros and cons. The product price can be more expensive depending on what level you are on. Pros are you can use it to expand quickly. Cons are your sales rep will be checking on you to make sure you are at your quota etc and that can get annoying. They will also come pick up your machines if you do not meet quota. I have a new sales rep now and he doesnt bother me so things run smoothly. If you are limited on income I would use them at the start to get a jump but do not rely on them so you can sleep at night.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with "spdydre" The big pro is that Coca-Cola gives you high quality machines where you don't have to worry a lick about maintenance. This could be a big expense if you are just getting started. If anything breaks, Coca-Cola fixes for free, which saves on any maintenance costs you would have for your machines. As "spdydre" mentions, this could help you expand quickly. The con is that you have to meet the machine quotas- check with a rep if you want to see what the current quotas are. Also, if you would ever want to sell your vending machine business, you would have to either sell it to someone who would start their own Coca-Cola account, or sell the location only without the Coca-Cola machines.

If you are interested in contacting a rep, this is the rep I used to use. Her name is Crystal Betts, and e-mail address is cbetts@coca-cola.com or mobile phone # is 404.314.9135. I am in the Atlanta area, so she would probably be able to connect you to a rep in your city/state. If you contact her, please do not reference me.

Bottom line for me is that I don't use my account with Coca-Cola anymore b/c it is cheaper to buy drinks from convenience stores and/or Sam's Club. Hope this gives you some useful information.

Archived