Electricity

TKK

ive heard electricity for a coke machine is $7-$12 a month, and a snack like $4. now ofcourse it will vary by location.

I am working on an apartment complex that is pretty big, got it today locating. The manager liked the idea, and said coke had a coke machine there but pulled it off like 2 years ago. she said if i can offer them a comission i said 10% of net. she said that sounds good. the location has 2 pool areas, one by the office, and one towards the end of the complex with a laundry room.

do you guys think i should try 2 snack and 2 coke machines? or just 1 and 1 near the front?

anyways called her today said the owner said thats fine but he was concerned that the electricity going up with these machines, if it would compensate the comission. i explained that it varies alot, as if it only makes $100 a month theyd get $10 , $300 $30 etc. she said she wants to see something showing what they spend in electricity. i told her i could show her the output X the local energy rate and that would show her what the electricty goes up. these are like smaller single price and a larger multi price vendo, and a snack machine probably an older AP 5000/7600 i wanna buy.

what do u guys think? where can i see what the machines use? im sure i could just put a smaller machine in the info i send her...

I'm afraid that won't work as they want to know before I set up. They just want something like say saying how many watts it uses and the local rate of electricity

Then buy 1 and place it another machine u have elsewhere for 1 day. The local rate of electricity is going to vary a bit depending on who deliver ur electric. Look at your electric bill and It should say. Like mine is around .049 per kilowatt hour.

ok mine says

customer charge $5

winter energy charge .07745

fuel charge .02253

So take .077 x how much kilo watts a soda or snack machine uses in an hour times 24. I would assume its no more than 3-4 dollars a day at most.

haha i would be happy if some of my coke machines made $4 a day! lol

it looks like a smaller pepsi machine uses about 332 watts.

http://www.gcbl.org/live/home/efficiency/understanding-how-much-energy-we-use

thats about $217 a year. or $18 a month. or about .60 a day.

and a snack machine $18 a year lol or .5c a day

Then buy 1 and place it another machine u have elsewhere for 1 day. The local rate of electricity is going to vary a bit depending on who deliver ur electric. Look at your electric bill and It should say. Like mine is around .049 per kilowatt hour.

Ruff,

At 50 cents a Kwh, you should really consider going solar - that's outrageous. Around here, the rates run from 12 cents to 25 cents per kwh.

Oddly enough, the fluorescent lamps in a vending machine are the big energy hog because they run 24/7. For a soda machine, figure about $10 per month - which is why I unplug the ballast on mine or convert the lighting to LED.

.049 kwh so roughly a nickel per hour. That's on my house electric + the delivery an other bs the electric company charges.

I mean not including delivery and other bs charges

Ruff,

I spent 15 years in the energy analysis biz/conservation biz. Your rates are insanely high.

On the bright side, you will find that any efficiency efforts you make will, conversely, have an excellent ROI

Ruff,

I spent 15 years in the energy analysis biz/conservation biz. Your rates are insanely high.

On the bright side, you will find that any efficiency efforts you make will, conversely, have an excellent ROI

Moondog you have to remember he lives in Illinois the tax vaccuum state.

.049 is not .50 cents guys that's 5 cents

Mine is higher at .0775 so about 8c a killowat

In the words of Rosanna, Anna, Danna "Never Mind" ;D

5 cents plus incidentals is really pretty cheap.

Soda machines are usually listed at 8 amps ( x 120v = 960 watts ) The thing to remember is that they don't actually draw 8 amps - like all electrical devices, there's a safety "slop" factor built in. When the compressor turns on, you're probably looking at 6 amps (720 watts) max. which leads to the question; how much does the compressor really run?

The only real way to know how much energy is being consumed is to use a monitoring device like the one Ruff mentioned. Run it for a week on some of your existing equipment and you should get a pretty good idea of your energy costs.

When I was doing energy analysis, we'd run our tests for a month on various types of equipment to "establish a base line". I probably had about 5k invested in this equipment, but then my company was doing 6 and 7 figure projects (office buildings and hospitals).

That $20 unit Ruff suggested seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Here are some USI energy consumption figures. Just to give you an idea of what new equipment draws.

USI Snack Floro - 1.01 kwh/day

USI Snack LED - 062 kwh/day

Summit 500 Floro - 8.97 kwh/day @ 90F/60%RH - 6.8 kwh/day @ 75F/65%RH

So as you can see the soda is going to be a variable. But you can do the math to get a rough idea.

Oddly enough, the fluorescent lamps in a vending machine are the big energy hog because they run 24/7. For a soda machine, figure about $10 per month - which is why I unplug the ballast on mine or convert the lighting to LED.

I do the same thing in most locations.... I also have 1 machine that I spliced a timer and set it to come on at 6pm then go off at 2am (it's an outside machine on main street)...

Of course, it depends on the lighting surrounding your machine, but one of my locations specifically asked for the bulb in the snack machine not be replaced to help conserve energy.

Saves me the cost of replacing the bulb, too.

Archived