massage chair machines

newwoman

Negative, I'm not sure who placed them.  I am unsure of the maker also.  This is before I got into "vending", so they didn'yt interest me much.  I just remember they were black "pleather" chairs w/ back rollers/massagers.

I think it's probably a matter of location. I have seen these chairs always busy at our mall. But for me, it' sa little too risky an investment because of the cost. Good luck to you though, please let us know how it goes for ya.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

reviving old threads,,i havent heard about massage chairs in a LONG time.

I bought some direct from china a few years ago for 250 brand new .. i put them out in a couple oil change/car wash places and they did decent..couldnt get malls or airports they where all taken..I ended up selling on craigslist to a lady that had a nail shop for 300 each! my wife went there and they still had them..

ron

• Like 1

I just got 8 of these things. I think the best feature is that if you sit in it for too long it speaks to you and says "please insert money" its a great way to keep people off them if they arent paying

The "best" feature on these chairs is that they ask sitters to "please insert money"?

I would hope they have BETTER features than that..if that's its "best" feature they aren't worth what they're charging for them.

Personally, I don't think a recorded message from an inanimate object like a chair is going to make a lick of difference to the person who just wants to rest and doesn't care to pay.

I have seen some of these around for years and have yet to see one of them in proper use ONCE.

All I see is people using them as regular chairs.

There are some places around here where they used to have them, and they're gone now.

I figured it was a dying trend, but who knows.

Would love to hear from folks with current experience running these.

Ron still got any I got some laundries I could use em,for 250 that price is rite

I actually still do have one left for sale..it messed up and didn't work and i never tried to fix it..i just picked it up and its been in the corner of my shop ever since..$250 and its yours.. not much to them actually ,,just two longs screws up the back and they turn making the fingers slide up and down ..just quick look at it working,never studied it much...

ron

massage chair

The "best" feature on these chairs is that they ask sitters to "please insert money"?

I would hope they have BETTER features than that..if that's its "best" feature they aren't worth what they're charging for them.

Personally, I don't think a recorded message from an inanimate object like a chair is going to make a lick of difference to the person who just wants to rest and doesn't care to pay.

I have seen some of these around for years and have yet to see one of them in proper use ONCE.

All I see is people using them as regular chairs.

There are some places around here where they used to have them, and they're gone now.

I figured it was a dying trend, but who knows.

Would love to hear from folks with current experience running these.

Maybe not "best" feature but its unique and its extremely annoying because It will talk to about every 5 seconds if your not paying to use the chair. Its loud and Id pay $1 just to shut it up ha. I'm looking into placing my chairs in cigar shops, college campuses and laundry mats. Where ever there is a captive audience or tired people, these might do ok regardless of the trend.

Maybe not "best" feature but its unique and its extremely annoying because It will talk to about every 5 seconds if your not paying to use the chair. Its loud and Id pay $1 just to shut it up ha. I'm looking into placing my chairs in cigar shops, college campuses and laundry mats. Where ever there is a captive audience or tired people, these might do ok regardless of the trend.

Not shooting down your idea because I don't run these chairs myself.

But, because i have machines that use audio, I can tell you this much: if those chairs are "extremely annoying", "talk about every 5 seconds", and are "loud", you are almost guaranteed to get the boot by the location after employees or other customers complain.

Reason: No matter how annoying the chairs audio-feature may be, you will still get folks who'll sit on the chair for nothing but a rest and care nothing about annoying everyone with the recorded message to pay-up...you'll especially find this true in the case of kids who'll sit on the chair while parents ignore their kids AND your chair. After once or twice of the audio message annoying location customers/employees, the location may ask you to get the equipment out. Or at very least, they'll ask you to shut that feature off or turn the volume down...either of which will render that feature useless.

Again, I don't run these chairs, I just know from experience that audio in a machine can be as much a blessing as a curse...and from what your chairs use their audio for, I feel confident in telling you, the audio on them will be more of a curse than a good "feature".

• Like 1

I think it's a bad investment. Way too long of a turn around to make your money back.

I think you should maybe get a gum all machine at your local Micky Dees..

Lol actually.. Laundry mats that's great, but is there surveillance?

Unless you're willing to pay tons of insurance and commission to put these babies in a mall, I'd steer clear.

Also keep in mind people can go get a pedicure for 25 bucks and sit in the Same chair for 45 mins, but end result coming out with your feet soft and nails painted.

Just MY opinion though.

If someone from Ford gum wanted to prank the forum, they might use a screen name like MasonEmpireInc (Ford Gum founded 100 years ago by Ford S Mason).

That's all wrong.

MasonEmpireInc would obviously be someone from the Freemasons who would register on TVF to hide messages in their posts about the Da Vinci Code.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have some of these chairs in kid "Jump Houses".. parents must like sitting in them because those locations bring in decent money so far.  I also have them in a couple of strip clubs.. experimental locations that have worked out well so far (6 months)