bulk versus full line

Okay, I need to know your guys' opinions here. I have a choice of buying 20 vendstars or 2 soda machines. Which one do you think would be the best investment as far as bringing in more money. I know a lot of it depends on location but let's just say they do the national average

personal opinion....I hate vendstar.....the machines are plastic junk. They break alot. Two decent soda spots will out perform the bulk.

Travis

I do agree about the vendstar, I had some when I did this in a previous life, and while they weren't a great machine, they still made money on location. Thanks for you input I am leaning towards the soda machines. My problem is I only have a small dodge dakota truck and no dolly to move them to the locations, that's one of my biggest hold ups in going with soda machines

Your question is a reasonable one for you to consider, but it's almost an impossible one for anyone to answer judiciously with the info at hand.

There are so many variables involved in the start-up of either option that any answer becomes little more than a wild guess.

Although they can be a pain in the butt to move the first time, once on location, hopefully you won't have to move them for a VERY long time!

Although alot of people will tell you NOT to do this, I have moved almost every one of my soda machines this way....lay them on their backs. Once on location, sit them up for a day if possible, but many will say that a couple of hours will be fine as well.

Rent piano dollies to help you move into location. They will make your life so much easier, and they rent for about $20 for a day.

If the machines will not fit into the back of your truck, rent one from Uhaul or Budget, look for one with a lift-gate. This will run you about $70 for the day....but is well worth it!

Travis

post-1546-0-11506600-1363661840_thumb.jpg

In my opinion you're better off going with the soda machines.Bulk machines are constantly needing to be relocated unless the business closes and you lose your machine.I started in bulk and I wish I'd started with soda first.

John

Go with the soda machines. I am in bulk right now also and I am looking to make the change over. the machines are going to make you money so the more the merry. You can do both rent a truck to drop off the machines. We have to go where the money is.

Archived