Gumball Wheel

BluePlate

I just picked up 10 SSF heads, they all have gumball wheels in them (got them at a good price).  Is there anything other then gumballs or capsules that can vend good out of the wheel?  I was thinking PMM?

Good Day...I do not know about those Gumball wheels..But I did try the PMM's in the gunball wheels of my U-Turns...It worked out fairly well on my test machine...I have put these in three locations with the PMM's in the gumball wheel..I will know bettr at the end of this week as it has been nearly a month for the trial.

It seemed that the vend was averaging the same amount...

I am not familiar with the SSF machines but it should work. It may work better with larger candy like the PMM or M&I. Sometimes you might have to put an index card under or over the springs if you have them. What you got against gumballs anyway :P

You cant vend anything but Gumballs and 1.1 caps. (If it is big enough to vend the caps. Some are big enough for gumballs but not caps) - You need a a different wheel and brush housing for candy.

Mike

You cant vend anything but Gumballs and 1.1 caps. (If it is big enough to vend the caps. Some are big enough for gumballs but not caps) - You need a a different wheel and brush housing for candy.

Mike

I have to disagree with you, Mike. I'm vending PMMs in a Eagle with a gumball wheel. Sometimes you have to adapt and overcome instead of just throwing up your hands and saying it can't be done.

As I had mentioned earlier...I am trying a few machines this month with P M&M's in the gumball wheels of my uturns..I do not know how the take will be...

I was forced to find a new use for these because my bar's did not want gunballs and I had extra g-wheeels to use..or I would need to take a machine out of rotation...(no extra cannisters)..

I tried pistachio's and the springs jammed on the shell...I have not tried the M &I's or the Hot Tamales....

why not just buy some candy wheels from u-turn.  Maybe A&A will have some that fit a u-turn.  Maybe ebay will have some for sale.  Does anybody know what brand of wheel fits a u-turn besides a u-turn wheel?  Maybe a oak or NW?

Darryl,

As for the outright purchase of cnady wheels...I have found that I can usually buy a machine from e-bay for less than I can buy the parts from the manufacturer..that is not a beat down on U-Turn..it mostly goes for all companies...So If I can use the brain cells plante between my ears  and use what I have and not spend the money...I usually will..

Mike

I have to disagree with you, Mike. I'm vending PMMs in a Eagle with a gumball wheel. Sometimes you have to adapt and overcome instead of just throwing up your hands and saying it can't be done.

I know you can get it to work. Kinda. It just isnt a good idea.

Mike

Big Mike,

I am intrgued...Why is it not a good idea...

Its just not what it is made for. It will not vend consistent. The card can work free and then you will be dropping M&M Peanuts straight down the chute. You cant adjust it so you cant control your product cost. It would be a costly mistake. Better to just have a real candy wheel and brush housing.

Mike

Big Mike,

That is a good point...But In the U-Turns..there is no card to "slip out" or move.

I am new to this and I am not awrae of the design of the other machines.  I tested this in my home(uturn) machine and the vend was within 1 pmm the same on all trys...

SO my only advice would be...if you decide to try this..test test test..BUT listen to Big Mike..and buy extra parts so that you do not need(like I did) to try this.

Darryl,

As for the outright purchase of cnady wheels...I have found that I can usually buy a machine from e-bay for less than I can buy the parts from the manufacturer..that is not a beat down on U-Turn..it mostly goes for all companies...So If I can use the brain cells plante between my ears  and use what I have and not spend the money...I usually will..

Jay-Son

If you are successful in getting good deals from ebay, you are doing worlds better than me.  I usually don't ever win the auctions I bid on.  Of course, that may be that I'm a cheap bastard and won't pay retail prices for used equipment, no matter how good it is.  If the price of the item comes to more than 75% of the cost of buying it new (including shipping) then I let the deal pass by and let some other sucker pay retail prices for used equipment.

Jay-Son Vending wrote: .  If the price of the item comes to more than 75% of the cost of buying it new (including shipping) then I let the deal pass by and let some other sucker pay retail prices for used equipment.

I do the same.it is a go rule of thumb to go by.75% is tops with machines in very good condition, otherwise u might as well buy new.

I have been to auctions where people pay the same or more for used items as what they are new.I always get a good laugh on these occasions.