Stocking Setup

Not sure if this would be of any interest to anyone at all....but hopefully it would give some ideas to new vendors just starting out and maybe some old-timers on new tricks of the trade.

I have attached a picture of my stock set up. When I first started out, I had a hell of a time finding the item that I needed, ensuring I had adequate stock and of course stock rotation. I am a small vendor, having about 25 machines in total, but without this setup, I would be totally lost.

The area that I use is an unused room at my house (but man does it *p i s s* the wife off....she hates the mess sometimes). Although the area is small, the multiple shelves really maximizes the potential.

As shown, I place all of my chips on the top shelf, soda is "generally" grouped together (coke product together, pepsi together) and energy drinks on the lower shelf. The very bottom is for bulk storage of drinks that I have not placed on the upper section.

For candy, I tend to put them in alphabetical order (not sure why...would make more sense to put them in the order that they are stocked....)

Cabinet on the far right is a catch-all for all of the odd stuff. Of course I also have a small refrig and two freezers.

Only complaint is working area. When I bring new inventory in, I hardly have room to walk around until I get items on the shelf, and then just cleaning up after pulling inventory can be painful.

Cost wise, other then the refrid and freezer, the shelving units can be purchased for $100 or so for any home improvement store.

So....please share your setup and show us a better way :)

Travis

post-1546-0-24617400-1364257955_thumb.jpg

I keep all my inventory in my van except for the bottled drinks which stay in the warehouse. The van gets parked in the warehouse and it is heated to 45 degrees.

Me too Golfdogs - that looks like a lot of extra schlepping of soda around to me. My snacks are set up like Travis' but I just use the fridge in the kitchen for the candy bars in summer. I've got a three car garage (which unfortunately is half full of machines) so I have all my snack inventory on rolling racks so they can be moved around in case I need to use the table saw or something. We don't get those extreme lows here so I just leave any extra sodas in the van. I really try to keep most of the inventory in my machines - I find they sell much better that way.

My wife would like me to move stuff out to the garage....but I like keeping it inside the climate controlled house.

I do try to keep my excess inventory at home to a low level, but I tend to shop only twice a month, so I tend to have some inventory waiting to be stocked.

Its a nice setup but must be a pain in the _ss hauling it in and out of the house. The sodas won't be hurt if you keep them in the garage unless it gets cold enough to freeze. I doubt it would get hot enough in the summer to hurt them either unless you are in death valley and having them in the garage would save you a lot of work.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for! Wife wants everything outta the dining room. Unfortunately, we get 6-8 months of DAMN cold here and I haven't put heat in the garage yet. Only have 4 machines so far. Two located and two in dining room, what a fricking mess!

Archived