Soda & snack machines I may purchase looking for reviews

Billy,

All 3 models you are asking about are good, reliable machines with a couple of caveats.

DN2145 Bevmax - Be sure all the shelves have tall gates, newer plastic flaps on the gates to stop a second product from jamming, and product slides in the bottom of each column with a spring loaded pusher behind the last product in each row. Those are the latest upgrades. The Bevmax is a terrific way to merchandise your drinks, but it must be properly set up to ensure positive vending for each customer. If you are lazy with the setup or don't pay attention to detail, you will have failed vends. There are specific shims to use with specific products. In addition to the upgrades mentioned above, you want the gates and product slides to be clean and you want the drop sensor in the delivery bin to be functional. The drop sensor detects a product drop into the bin, but more importantly it detects when NO product drops. The sensor coupled with a vend retry limit of 2 or 3 gives the customer additional chances to get a product and also ensures they get their money back if nothing is vended. This machine may come in Micromech or MDB configuration as well, with MDB being preferred. If you have all upgrades and MDB and if all functions (drop sensor) work, it's worth $1000. A refurbed Bevmax is usually $1200-2000.

DN276E is in your picture - This is a multiprice 3 can or 2 bottle deep machine variable by column as you choose. It's still in production by Dixie Narco. The picture shows a dirty machine that may have yellowed buttons and arrows. Over priced at $900 based on what it's condition appears to be, but maybe worth $600 depending on work required to make it location-ready.

Royal RV552 - Royal's first generation of multiprice machines, it is a workhorse and will do 3 cans deep. It's questionable as to reliability with bottles 2 deep but you can usually get it to work. This machine uses no sold out switches or motor switches; it relys on an impact drop sensor on the underside of the delivery chute. When it detects a product impact the board stops any running motor to prevent a double vend. This works very well and it is still the vending method on all multiprice Royals. Depending on condition, with location-ready worth the most, $800 is high if it needs work to get it ready.

Not sure if there was another machine at $700 as the picture is a DN276E live display. If this is a fourth machine then the comments I made earlier about the DN276E apply to this machine.

I can comment on the DN276E live display I have some of these machines and they are a fantastic machine, reliable and a real workhorse I have had no issues with them at all. This particular machine is very narrow and is fantastic when theres a narrow doorway to navigate.

Around here, those Dixie 276E (multipriced) machines are hard to find and pricey. As Ron mentioned, they have a very narrow footprint (28 inches wide ) so a lot of guys like to have one in their "quiver" just in case.

I've avoided the early Bevmax machines due to the design flaws. People seem to like them once they're debugged.

The Royals are my preference but that one's pretty old and overpriced - stick to the 660s and newer.

Archived