"Bar Rescue" Candy Machine Locations

GagesVending

Just curious:

I watch this show a lot, it's very interesting. I see candy machines inside many of the bars on the show, and I can't help but wonder if any of them were members of TVF.

Have any of you had locations in a bar that was featured on "Bar Rescue?" If so, did your sales go up after the renovations?

Just like the TV show Extreme Home Makeover, I saw a story on 20/20 (I think) where they went back and looked at those folks that got the new homes and when compared to the general public their foreclosure and bankruptcy rate was something like 3X the national average.

I've heard as well that a significant number of lottery winners are bankrupt within a decade or so.

I guess the best way to keep your money around is to get off your butt and earn it.

Another vendor told me that he saw his own machine on Bar Rescue. He was all proud that his machine was on national TV! Unfortunately, part of the Bar Rescue was to boot his machine! So the fame was short lived! We had a good laugh over it.

Another vendor told me that he saw his own machine on Bar Rescue. He was all proud that his machine was on national TV! Unfortunately, part of the Bar Rescue was to boot his machine! So the fame was short lived! We had a good laugh over it.

I thought about them getting kicked out after the bar was revamped. I've seen on a couple the "after" the machines were still there, and some they had disappeared. If you'd seen the episode with the lobster crane, Jon Taffer made a big ordeal as to why they needed to get rid of it. Doesn't sound like he's too fond of the vending industry.

Just like the TV show Extreme Home Makeover, I saw a story on 20/20 (I think) where they went back and looked at those folks that got the new homes and when compared to the general public their foreclosure and bankruptcy rate was something like 3X the national average.

My company installed a roof on Extreme Home Makeover and as a marketing decision, it was a complete waste. Our firm was identified in the credits in microscopic print as it zoomed past the screen at 100 miles an hour and my roofers had to wear the "official" home makeover shirts instead of their company shirts. So, basically unless you did some hunting and digging on the website you would have never known we installed the roof. Dont really have a clue what happened to the house....

It is so nice to give people stuff, but it rarely helps their situation. It is like treating the symptom, not the problem.

All of these shows have the problem of, "Let's do it for them." instead of simply teaching them, and letting them do it for themselves.

It is harsh to say, but when a person is in a bad situation, it is almost always a result of their own actions that put them there. Yes they could be great people who care about others, and do a lot of good, but they still put themselves into that position, and if they have not learned from the school of hard knocks, then why would anyone think they won't be there again?

And I am talking from personal experience here. I spent years not doing the right things, and it bit me... At the time I blamed the medical bills, but if we didn't get ourselves into a ton of debt, we wouldn't have had the problems we did, and could have afforded those bills.

Our way out was a very reluctant bankruptcy. At least I did all I thought I could at the time to keep from ending up there, but we did. All our debt wiped out.

But just like anyone else, we feel better, and fell into our bad ways again. Foolishly thinking we needed to "rebuild our credit". Big mistake, and again we were back in debt. What should have fixed our problem just pushed it out a few years.

It was that second slap, when we started having financial trouble that we finally learned our lesson. This time we weren't surprised by any of the medical bills. They were fairly regular, and her meds dropped in price.

We corrected our finances, cut our lifestyle, become frugal, and started getting out of debt. And I have mentioned this before, but when the "financial crisis" hit in 2008, my pay and hours were cut, but we had paid off so much debt that we were not only fine, but we had more money coming in then going out. We were paying off bills left and right, and still had a growing bank account. I almost felt guilty that everybody was complaining about their finances, and we were doing better then ever.

Locally there were a group of people who bought lottery tickets together, and they one. Each person's portion was $8 million. One year later one of them was broke. (I wasn't following this story so I have no idea how the others did or are doing.)

We are where we choose to be. We can argue this, but it was are actions that put us here, and keeps us here.

(Sorry if I went to far off topic.)

Archived