AP CS snack

Golfdogs

Old machine, no validator. One selection, C6 was not 'homed'. Switched motors with another selection and the motor is fine, C6 still reads make another selection. Used contact cleaner, checked for broken wires, etc. Any ideas?

You may have a wiring problem on the shelf or a problem in the shelf connector between the shelf and the back of the cabinet. It could also be loose/dirty harness connection on the logic board or even a bad board.

But first you should check that the price for the selection is not disabled. Go into the price setting by pressing the service mode switch one time. Now press the selection (C6) and the display will show the current assigned price. Use buttons 7 and 8 to change the price to what you want. If you see (d) as the price, then the selection is disabled. This can be done for any selection by using 7 and 8 to scroll down to 0.00. If you scroll past you will see 99.95 but in between 0.00 and 99.95 is (d). If a price is left at (d) then it is disabled.

If not a pricing issue then pull the shelf out. Make sure the shelf rollers are there and their bolts are tight. Now look at the pins on the back of the shelf. Make sure they all protrude out the same amount and that none are pushed in. Look at the female connector on the cabinet. You should see two shiny spots inside each slot where the contacts are for each pin. If you have a slot with only one or maybe no shiny spots, then that contact has been pushed out the back of the socket. Either case will cause you to lose connection to one motor or even the whole shelf depending on which pin it is.

If the pins and sockets all look good then swap two shelves and see if the problem moves with the shelf. If it does then check the wiring harness to the bad shelf or replace the motor. If the problem now affects the new shelf in the old position, then the problem is in the cabinet socket, harness between the socket and logic board or the board itself.

If none of this is the case then maybe you have an intermittent connection between the pins on the shelf and the female socket. You can slightly tweak the pins on the back of the shelf to give them better contact in the female socket. Don't bend them much at all, you just want a better bite when the pins slide into the socket slots.

You may have a wiring problem on the shelf or a problem in the shelf connector between the shelf and the back of the cabinet. It could also be loose/dirty harness connection on the logic board or even a bad board.

But first you should check that the price for the selection is not disabled. Go into the price setting by pressing the service mode switch one time. Now press the selection (C6) and the display will show the current assigned price. Use buttons 7 and 8 to change the price to what you want. If you see (d) as the price, then the selection is disabled. This can be done for any selection by using 7 and 8 to scroll down to 0.00. If you scroll past you will see 99.95 but in between 0.00 and 99.95 is (d). If a price is left at (d) then it is disabled.

If not a pricing issue then pull the shelf out. Make sure the shelf rollers are there and their bolts are tight. Now look at the pins on the back of the shelf. Make sure they all protrude out the same amount and that none are pushed in. Look at the female connector on the cabinet. You should see two shiny spots inside each slot where the contacts are for each pin. If you have a slot with only one or maybe no shiny spots, then that contact has been pushed out the back of the socket. Either case will cause you to lose connection to one motor or even the whole shelf depending on which pin it is.

If the pins and sockets all look good then swap two shelves and see if the problem moves with the shelf. If it does then check the wiring harness to the bad shelf or replace the motor. If the problem now affects the new shelf in the old position, then the problem is in the cabinet socket, harness between the socket and logic board or the board itself.

If none of this is the case then maybe you have an intermittent connection between the pins on the shelf and the female socket. You can slightly tweak the pins on the back of the shelf to give them better contact in the female socket. Don't bend them much at all, you just want a better bite when the pins slide into the socket slots.

Never thought to swap shelves. Good idea. All the connectors looked good, nothing askew. I'll get by there in the next few days to try again. I'll post an update then. Thanks!

Hey Golfdogs

On each motor you will see a micro-switch ak (snap-switch), if the switch is bad the spiral will not turn. Also just like AZVendor said you can switch out shelves with each other, which enables you to determine what is the problem. You can also test switch with a inexpensive volt meter for continuity. Open no juice, close motor should turn.

mike

Hey Golfdogs

On each motor you will see a micro-switch ak (snap-switch), if the switch is bad the spiral will not turn. Also just like AZVendor said you can switch out shelves with each other, which enables you to determine what is the problem. You can also test switch with a inexpensive volt meter for continuity. Open no juice, close motor should turn.

mike

Gotcha. I switched motors and the problem stayed in the same location.

I switched the b and c shelves, same issue. Checked the price and it was correct. For grins I changed the price down .10 and then back to the regular price...problem solved!

Thanks for all the help:)

I have a couple of those machines Golfdogs, very reliable and not expensive.

I sell cigarettes out of this machine and it only takes quarters. I am looking for a suitable replacement with a bill validator. Been looking for months, I am not seeing many low cost options.

Golfdogs,

If you have this machine sitting on a factory cabinet with the locking door on it, you can install a validator in that door and connect it to the vending machine. Let me know if you need the parts.

Golfdogs,

If you have this machine sitting on a factory cabinet with the locking door on it, you can install a validator in that door and connect it to the vending machine. Let me know if you need the parts.

It is sitting on a shelf, no cabinet. Are the cabinets available?

No, you would have to find a used one somewhere, but any used ones probably have a machine attached to it. They used the lower cabinet for the CS soda and CS coffee machines too, so if you can find one of those (they are probably junk) maybe you could get a cabinet off of it. There was also a bill validator box made by AP for these machines that bolted onto the side of the machine but they are very hard to find. I have a guy here who just told me he has a CS snack for sale that has the validator box on the side. I'll talk to him and see if he will part with the box.

No, you would have to find a used one somewhere, but any used ones probably have a machine attached to it. They used the lower cabinet for the CS soda and CS coffee machines too, so if you can find one of those (they are probably junk) maybe you could get a cabinet off of it. There was also a bill validator box made by AP for these machines that bolted onto the side of the machine but they are very hard to find. I have a guy here who just told me he has a CS snack for sale that has the validator box on the side. I'll talk to him and see if he will part with the box.

Beyond nice. Thanks!

Archived