6 way eagle rack

orsd

I picked up a 6 way rack today and vendstar for 100

They are kind of beat up, but they still work for the most part, missing some locks and chute doors, etc.

I started taking them apart today and managed to break them down to parts for easy refurbing

Any idea on what to clean first ( btw, they are cabs)

I already emptied the product out and cleaned up the worst residue ( melted skittles)

Also, some lids and other parts are a faded orange- any idea on what can cause that?

• 3 weeks later...

I would probably put all the parts minus locks and mechs in the dishwasher and give that a try first and tackle any left over muck with stronger stuff.  Once it is all clean then you can worry about paint.

If you are going to be painting all of it, get creative with it and do a red/white/blue theme or the colors of the local teams etc.

Red gets boring after a while.

gulfrack-L.jpg

• 2 months later...

update:

still haven't finished (yeah, i know)

painting is a bast*rd (hillbilly, how do you manage to do this?)

got parts and some .50 mechs from oak

dishwashed some of the parts, but apparently the dishwasher hasn't been used for awhile, so when i went to check on it, there was a big puddle of water and soap on the kitchen floor.

ill try to convince myself to paint it sometime soon.

update:

still haven't finished (yeah, i know)

painting is a bast*rd (hillbilly, how do you manage to do this?)

got parts and some .50 mechs from oak

dishwashed some of the parts, but apparently the dishwasher hasn't been used for awhile, so when i went to check on it, there was a big puddle of water and soap on the kitchen floor.

ill try to convince myself to paint it sometime soon.

It's a form of art I believe, much like playing the piano.  Which I also do.   ;D

Archived