Any one familiar with PolyVend machines?

cvending

Is anyone familiar with a PolyVend 4424 glassfront snack? I rec'd a call from a bank who owns the machine and was looking for service. Their OCS supplier gave them the machine after a few years as they did not know anything about the machine. A while ago 1 0r 2 selections quit working and they let it go. Now mutiple selections, on different shelves, only turn the spiral about 1/4 turn and stops. It thinks it has completed a cycle. You can select the same selection again if you deposit more money. I looked for bad wires, loose connections, etc., but I am thinking iot may be a board problem. Has this ever happened to any of you?

Thanks,

Steve

I don't recall a Polyvend model with that model number, but it is probably a 4 shelf, 24 selection machine, correct?  What logic board is in it - how many buttons on the board, is the display built in?  The most common problem with these Polyvends is broken wires where the shelf harness plugs into the machine next to the right shelf rail.  Every time you pull the shelf out this harness flexes forward and backward and eventually the front wire that has the highest tension on it will break.  However, the problem of unfinished vend cycles is not a symptom of a broken wire.  It does sound like you have a board problem.  Motor problems generally don't spread through a machine, shelf problems will stay on the shelf, but intermittent problems such as you described is probably a bad board.

Try to post more information about your logic board and I may be able to help you.

Thanks for your input men. Yes, it is a 4wide/4shelf/24 select. I was afraid it might be a board issue. Since it is not my machine I did not want to tell them they needed a board and then find out that a board would not solve the problem. Lot of $$ to put into this machine if wrong. $175/exchange. I gave them that option but no guarantee it will correct the issue

Thanks again

• 1 year later...

So I was consulting with a old pro who seems to know everything about everything. He told me that the Polyvend had a temperature sensitive 330mf capacitor on the mother board that would shunt the spiral to only 1/4 turn if it was cold. Also the motors themselves can trick up if they are cold. The fix for this problem is: #1. Place the vendor in a warm location. #2 Set the unit into Free vend all (mode ''8'') The unit will 1/4 turn until it heats the Cap & motors. I'm back in business now with this unit after a quick scare thinking I had to find parts. It has been a good unit for me. I gave up on the florescent ballast and installed LEDs inside and around the display to illuminate it. I also had the coin acceptor set for the new bi-metal coins.

Archived