Cam not fully rotating when test vending

Hi folks,

I recently bought a DN501E Machine and did the conversion to allow me to go from 20 oz to 16.9oz bottles (spring assembly) rotors, etc. recently Someone brought this to my attention, what is happening is this:

http://johnsturzeneg...erfly.com/11981 you can see in the first 5 seconds, it moves a little bit (sorry for my camera shaking)

(video, that seems to take a little bit to load 15-20 seconds)

basically it is this when you vend, the notches where it stops are working fine, however, on one of the notches, when it stops the first time and you vend again, the cam starts to turn and stops in the same notch. vend again and it goes around and no issues happen until that same notch comes up, this is happening on multiple slots. I have attached a video that you can see about 1/2 way in that the cam moves and then stops. any suggestions?

thanks for the help.

Vending machine problems.wmv

John, is this happening to your brown cams? Do any of the outer adjustable cams rotate independent of the rear cam? If so you may have broken off the locating pin off the face of the rear cam. This pin locks the front cam in place through the numbered holes in the front cam. If the pin is broken off, the front cam may not rotate when the motor runs and the rear cam turns-basically like standing in place. If any of the pins are broken off then the rear cam needs to be replaced.

no, the pins are still there and set on #3 (very close to #2) it is happening on 2 of my brown cams with the 16.9 oz bottles. they both rotate the same as the small pin moves the front notch. weird right?

John, is this happening on all selections or just the 16.9 oz selections? It may be that the vend relay is not holding. Try vending by holding in nthe selection switch until vend is complete.

John,

What I see happening in your video is typical when you are using the test vend programming.  It is common for a test vend to not start properly if you don't hold the selection button long enough for the switch arm to come out of the notch.  When the machine performs an actual vend with money, it should work properly.  Does the machine vend properly with money?  If not, then as Walta said, you probably have a bad motor switch, which is also very common on these machines. 

I will try both those selections (holding down the switch or switching the switch with another one, and move the cam with another one that is working fine) and let you know what I find out. I will also put in money a few times and see if the problem is the test vend and not necessarily the vend itself. thanks

• alright, so I went back and looked at it. so the cams were good, switch seemed to be working fine. it seemed the problem was the test vend itself. I closed the door, and every time, it came out good. it is all good. thanks for the help guys!

Archived