Seaga ss3000 vending hot soda cans! Have no idea what to do?

Man, where do I start? Works great plugged in my garage..just the deck..when I got to the location, inserted the deck into the machine, plugged deck cord into machine, plugged machine power cord into wall...trip! Fans moved just a bit...plugged into another outlet...smoke came out of the box where all the wires connect to...right in front of the compressor. At that point, I said screw it..took it home..plugged it into my garage outlet again....worked fine! Weird, checked the box, and some some scorching of some wires...replaced the wires and put it together...it's like when the deck is in the machine it doesn't work...like metal from the deck touching the metal of the machine makes it short. Runs great outside the machine...I would have said the business' outlet was not up to par, but it ran fine before my hot soda problem in the first place, so what has changed? Freon recharge and condenser fan replacement. I will try and plug it in the outlet of business tomorrow with it out of the machine! Sending you the only manual of this machine on the Internet I could find...and it basically is useless to troubleshoot my issue. AZ vendor, you are a god send for helping me! Thanks again!

While I admire your perseverance,  it's time to "fish or cut bait".  This machine is not worth the time you're spending on it even if you do finally fix it.  

Get yourself a good US made machine and put this adventure behind you.  There's a good reason most of us won't buy Seaga machines.

Having given this a bit more thought - you need to move that POS out of that building immediately.  I was raised in Electrical Construction and I can tell you that the smoke coming out of the outlet came from the building wire your machine is frying. To say that you're playing with fire here is in fact exactly what you're doing.!!!   

Thanks moondog, the smoke was coming rom my machines junction box...it's all fixed now....works just fine in my garage, will try at the business today. I understand where your coming from, but it's like a quest now!

Thanks moondog, the smoke was coming rom my machines junction box...it's all fixed now....works just fine in my garage, will try at the business today. I understand where your coming from, but it's like a quest now!

Well,

I guess you can be our Seaga expert then - a dubious honor at best  ;D

Moondog...an honor nonetheless! Maybe I'll get a like from someone!..LOL I made a couple of videos in regards to this post...am I allowed to post it?

Moondog...an honor nonetheless! Maybe I'll get a like from someone!..LOL I made a couple of videos in regards to this post...am I allowed to post it?

I think you pretty much post anything as long as it's not some product you're pushing or a link to something where you have a vested interest.  

Here are a couple of videos I made in relation to this thread...btw, my cans are still not cooling, calling a professional to diagnose! HVAC is tough man!

watch this first

Watch this second.

Yeah, you probably have an incorrect freon charge now. What is the exact symptom of not cooling now? Is the compressor still running? Did the evaporator freeze up already?

Everything running just like the second video...no freezing...just room temperature cans! Having professional vending tech pay it a visit, and the worst part paying someone else...that's my biggest thing because I always feel I can do it myself, but when I'm stumped or had enough, you just gotta pay!

Well, I was afraid this is where you were going when you got started.  Even when I had 300 machines out, refrigeration work was the only repair I didn't do.  Now that I am certified and trained I know what I'm doing.  In this case, you needed the vending tech from the beginning due to the type of problem you were having.  Anytime you are working on refrigeration you need someone who knows what they're doing and has the right equipment, otherwise you will fumble through it and oftentimes still end up where you're at.  I'm afraid it might get kind of expensive now on a machine that's not worth much, plus the additional downtime.  Please give the repair man all the info of what you have done so he's not in the dark.  Keep us posted as to the root problem.

Archived