Help in Choosing Machines for 32in Wide Room Entrance

Posted the following in Vending Chat Forum too and here hoping to reach other resources:

Hello everyone.  Fairly new to the industry so please be gentle.  I have a location that I wish to place some machines in.  I was originally going to purchase a Bevmax 4 and a Merchant 6 for this location but it turns out the opening to the rooms are only 32in wide at maximum. sad.png

The only options I have found that might work might be to put two small combo machines in like the Alpine VT3000 seeing as it is 29 inches in Width. 

I am also going to be getting the USA technologies cashless system and they monitoring so that I can finally pre-kit all my supplies before going to the location.  I am also going to order them with $1 - $20 Bill Recyclers and Coin Mechs.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Here are the must haves I need incorporated into the machines:

Ability to vend the following:

Larger Grab Bag Size Chips

5 Hour Energy Bottle Drinks

Cup o Noodles

24oz and 20oz Bottles

12oz Soda Cans

RedBull Cans

Large Monster Cans

Any suggestions or help with clickable links would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Hey, welcome to TVF!!! 

Most snack machines can be clamshelled into a room through a 32" door way, and the Merchant 6 has removable panels top and bottom allowing you to clamshell through a 30" door.   The Bev4 shows it's 32" deep and that is probably at the bubble front right side, meaning the cabinet itself is less than 32".  As long as the coin mech door can be swung open far enough to allow pivoting of the machine through a doorway, you should be fine.  If you're buying from a distributor they should know what size doorway the machines will fit through.  If they don't know then they aren't a very good distributor.  I found all this info within a couple of minutes and they should have had brochures to hand you that would answer your questions.  I'm not knocking you, I'm knocking the distributor. 

As for your specific products, the Bev 4 can handle all the sodas and bottles you listed.  You will need a large 6 ct spiral for cup o noodles and there is a special setup available from 5 hour that lets you vend it from a dual spiral snack selection.  All new machines are available with 10 ct spirals for the large size chip bags, but you may have to special order them. 

Let us know how this new location works for you and post any other questions you may have.

like AZ said most machines can be finagled through a 32" door, i have got my stuff through 27" doors even

the main thing is you should use an equipment dealer who delivers machines. explain the situation my mover

i call him the magician cause he can get a snack machine in any place no matter how tight just using a furniture dolly. 

also using an experienced mover they are insured (usually) and experienced enough that there is little chance of 

them screwing up and leaving damage to the location. when you are dealing with big heavy stuff and tight spaces

its best to use a professional mover than risk doing it yourself. also the distributor will most likely know 

what machines can fit the space and the doorway. i usually measure the stuff or look up the dims online

and give it to the mover over the phone and he will tell me if he can make it fit or not. 99% of the time hes right

like AZ said most machines can be finagled through a 32" door, i have got my stuff through 27" doors even

the main thing is you should use an equipment dealer who delivers machines. explain the situation my mover

i call him the magician cause he can get a snack machine in any place no matter how tight just using a furniture dolly. 

also using an experienced mover they are insured (usually) and experienced enough that there is little chance of 

them screwing up and leaving damage to the location. when you are dealing with big heavy stuff and tight spaces

its best to use a professional mover than risk doing it yourself. also the distributor will most likely know 

what machines can fit the space and the doorway. i usually measure the stuff or look up the dims online

and give it to the mover over the phone and he will tell me if he can make it fit or not. 99% of the time hes right

Hey, welcome to TVF!!! 

Most snack machines can be clamshelled into a room through a 32" door way, and the Merchant 6 has removable panels top and bottom allowing you to clamshell through a 30" door.   The Bev4 shows it's 32" deep and that is probably at the bubble front right side, meaning the cabinet itself is less than 32".  As long as the coin mech door can be swung open far enough to allow pivoting of the machine through a doorway, you should be fine.  If you're buying from a distributor they should know what size doorway the machines will fit through.  If they don't know then they aren't a very good distributor.  I found all this info within a couple of minutes and they should have had brochures to hand you that would answer your questions.  I'm not knocking you, I'm knocking the distributor. 

As for your specific products, the Bev 4 can handle all the sodas and bottles you listed.  You will need a large 6 ct spiral for cup o noodles and there is a special setup available from 5 hour that lets you vend it from a dual spiral snack selection.  All new machines are available with 10 ct spirals for the large size chip bags, but you may have to special order them. 

Let us know how this new location works for you and post any other questions you may have.

AZ n Dog

Thanks so much for the welcome and the great advice.  I am going through Beston right now as I am in Northern California.  I am looking around for some other distributors as well that offer leasing too.  if you guys know of any in my area that info would be great too as I said I am fairly new to the industry.  I am going to go back to my new location and take some exact measurement and go back to the Beston rep and see if I can talk to the deliver setup people and ask them too.   You guys are absolutely right though as the sales guys probably don't even know what can fit and what cant fit or what panels can come off to make it fit.

AZ n Dog

Thanks so much for the welcome and the great advice.  I am going through Beston right now as I am in Northern California.  I am looking around for some other distributors as well that offer leasing too.  if you guys know of any in my area that info would be great too as I said I am fairly new to the industry.  I am going to go back to my new location and take some exact measurement and go back to the Beston rep and see if I can talk to the deliver setup people and ask them too.   You guys are absolutely right though as the sales guys probably don't even know what can fit and what cant fit or what panels can come off to make it fit.

Might also want to contact poplady, here on TVF, she does locating work but she's on the left coast with you so she might be able to put you in touch with a mover/installer. Ask the guys at Betson for a recommendation as well.

Archived