Just an Idea!

adog

Has anyone taught your girlfriend or wife how to locate machines for you? I could see alot of benefits from this! Being a guy I would imagine it would get male owners to listn more to women (especially if there pretty/hot) as to a man locator. Curious if this is why some female locator get into spots guys don'. Any thoughts on this? The girlfriend offered and has lots of free time! Curious on thoughts?

And NO I AM NOT AFRAID TO LOCATE!!! 

I have already self located just have alot on my plate the next two weeks and feel she could get into spots I couldn't!

Yeah if she's willing, it's worth a try!  I have heard of that and the bringing children idea can help. I think the best you can do is be friendly, dress appropriately and go in during non-busy hours.  Being attractive will work for some people, but may send the wrong message to others, so I guess you'd just have to see how it works for you! 

My ex wife got a few spots for me.  Still have them too!  She wasn't really trying but they turned out to be pretty good ones.

In my full time gig, I run across many  saleswomen in a typically male dominated work environment. Hot and sexiness may get them in the door a few times but if they don't know their stuff they soon wash out. The guys will buy enough just to keep her coming back so they can have another look.

But, to answer your question, Yes, sex sells.

When I hire locators internally, I only hire women... is that illegal? HA! It's not my fault my dog eats all the male applicants resume's. On a more serious note I have tested it and the females always had higher closing ratios than males...

Has anyone taught your girlfriend or wife how to locate machines for you? I could see alot of benefits from this! Being a guy I would imagine it would get male owners to listn more to women (especially if there pretty/hot) as to a man locator. Curious if this is why some female locator get into spots guys don'. Any thoughts on this? The girlfriend offered and has lots of free time! Curious on thoughts?

I have already self located just have alot on my plate the next two weeks and feel she could get into spots I couldn't!

Well, that depends...................does she have a good "rack"? errrrr    hell yeah.  Get her to locate for you if she will!

Another thought though...not all location managers/owners are men!  There are plenty female decision-makers and a hot girl more than likely isn't going to impress the ladies.   B)   Every situation is a little different.

Well, that depends...................does she have a good "rack"? errrrr    hell yeah.  Get her to locate for you if she will!

When I hire locators internally, I only hire women... is that illegal? HA! It's not my fault my dog eats all the male applicants resume's. On a more serious note I have tested it and the females always had higher closing ratios than males...

Lol this is what I get for asking this on vendiscuss  B)  jk 

Yeah just was curious how it would work out. She would dress appropriate. Just a way she could help and maybe boost my business even faster. It's all about growing right?

Another thought though...not all location managers/owners are men!  There are plenty female decision-makers and a hot girl more than likely isn't going to impress the ladies.   B)   Every situation is a little different.

Yeah I thought about that to. I would probably ride with her in the car and drive her around. Just see how she does! And her safety of course is #1

Plus it is good to have her involved and helping you grow your business.  If she wants to be a part of it that is great I think.

Yeah she is always looking for ways to help. But usually not a lot for her to do so I feel bad. But I usually take her on my road trips to pick up stuff off craigslist. Makes traveling a lot funner. Just was curious if other people have had experiences with this!

I've hit my witfe up to locate and she just won't do it.  She'll run machines and anything else vending related except locating.  When I used to do alot of charity I have paid my boys to locate when they were in their teens.  I'd drive them with a van full of two ways and we'd hit place after place and they'd go in and ask and I paid them 10 bucks for every yes they would get.

Do you have her do anything special Davco or pretty much the same as every other locator. Does she wear a company polo  or just dresses more business casual?

I was thinking of having her same something like this:

"Hi my name is _________ and I am co partners in (Business name). We supply small vending machines and racks to local businesses and in exchange they receive a portion of the profits. We are currently expanding our company and were curious if you would be interested? We take care of everything including, servicing, cleaning, refilling. You will receive a monthly payment and your customers will also enjoy having a vending machine available. Especially if they have kids. How much  money does the three square foot gap make you a month? Here are some of the machines we currently use. (Show them Binder) So would you be willing to allow us to place a machine?

If they are interested and ask the percentage? 

Are standard commission rate with small business owners is 25%. We offer such a high commission rate due to our value in building a profitable business relationship with small business owners."

So what do you guys think?

Ps. Literally wrote this in 2 minutes on the spot so if there are errors don't bash me to much lol!

My wife is in sales and she has helped me with drink machines. She wants to try the bulk machines this weekend. I'm all for it. Lets load the car....

Lol Like how eager you are to have her locate ha! 

Lol Like how eager you are to have her locate ha! 

She was always in the top 10 for the whole country when she worked for a former office furniture company. She was never been interested in vending. She is the one that brought it up. I can't wait and see what happens.

She was always in the top 10 for the whole country when she worked for a former office furniture company. She was never been interested in vending. She is the one that brought it up. I can't wait and see what happens.

So how did the wife do? Did she ever go locating?

Well I went locating with the girlfriend today. She was very persistent and did a great job. Although we were only able to talk to a few owners, the employee's and managers actually told her when the owners came in, gave them the names, or gave her tips. One even asked for her number lol at a car wash. The ones she did talk to said let them think about it and stop by again. Or there were about three different business's that were receiving 50% commission. We weren't about to compete with that. My favorite was one owner that said well we receive 60% from the people that provide arcade equipment. If I was there I would have said well they only use electricity and do not vend products but overall it was a great time.  We will be doing follow up's with about 10 business. 

Overall great experience and will be taking her with me again. Funny to see all the guys lean on the counters, cars, etc. and act all cool or "SWAG" (hate that word) but found some humor in how they acted as opposed to me or a guy trying to locate lol!

Archived