I THINK I KNOW HOW TO ELIMINATE SAM'S OR COSTCO AS THE "MIDDLE MAN" SO YOU CAN BUY YOUR PRODUCT AT FAR LOWER COST.

No offense but I would be sketched out to be selling product from China in one of my machines. Some one gets sick or dies and your going to be sued and possibly jail time if it is knock off products. I think Hershey and a lot of other manufactures make there candy here!

Actually I believe it's all made in China. I've heard that Wal-Mart gets everything from China and Wal-Mart owns Sam's Club. They do it that way because they don't have to pay the higher labor costs that way. I have heard though that a lot of those factories are moving back to the USA but they're all automated factories (basically no one works there) so I'm not exactly sure what the future holds for all that.  

Where would you store the product given that you would have to order candy by the truckload to make shipping even close to acceptable if importing it from outside the U.S.?

And even if you have enough climate controlled warehouse space to stock those quantities, is your route large enough to go through that stock before it's shelf-life expires?

Now, if you are speaking of items other than perishables, like toys, I have 3 words you need to become thoroughly familiar with before you place an order to import product on your own: Certificate of Conformity.

Actually I believe it's all made in China.

Major candy brands like M&M's have factories in many countries...including the U.S.

So, no, it's not "all made in China".

OK they must be switching to full automated factories now. I do believe there was a time when virtually everything was exported from China and I remember hearing a news report that all items at Wal Mart came from China. I guess apparently the technology curve for cost and productivity has surpassed even that of third world countries. It's cheaper to do business with machines

I talked with a guy that was a sales rep from I forget what company but we got on the subject of York peppermint patties and he said they were made here in the good old USA and offered to give me discount coupons for them. Why would you buy from China just because it's cheaper from there? Again you have to consider cost of transportation and quantity to get a low price. Just make your price points applicable to your costs.

I do believe there was a time when virtually everything was exported from China and I remember hearing a news report that all items at Wal Mart came from China.

Hope you learned a lesson there...NEVER believe everything you hear...especially if it's being reported by the news.

Archived