lost a premium location

onecent@atime

I go and I fully serviced a premium location gave them their commission and then when I was done they asked me to take the machines with me. I asked if there was anything wrong he said no there's nothing wrong someone else offered us more money. they said the new company was offering 60 percent commission I tried to explain it that's impossible on bulk vending to do a 60 percent commission but they refused to hear me out. they asked me to take the équipement with me that day its a 7-way rack a bouncer ru and a3 slot tattoo sticker machine. I find his no way that I could fit that equipment into a4 door car that day the manager stated okay well give you tomorrow to come pick it up I convinced him to give me at the least one week to come pick up the equipment I've been in the location for 17 months. I can't stand when they come in a lot of these managers and business owners and offer them outrageous commissions there's no way they can pay them 60 percent and there's no room for any arcade with me so I know its the same call vending because he told me it looks the same but they're offering more money.

Can't discuss numbers with them when they refuse to listen to reason.

Best thing to do is pull your machines and follow-up a few months from now.

At that time, ask the location to compare what you were paying with what the new vendor is paying.

Ask him if the 60% is working out to more than what you were paying.

If the new vendor is being sly about his 60% offer, it will be plain for the location owner/manager to see it at that point.

And then, he MAY be willing to listen to your offer of bringing your stuff back in if he's convinced the new vendor has been sneaky.

Meanwhile, while you wait, find a new home for the pulled equipment.

Time to play dirty!!  Attempt to steal their accounts too...see how they like it!  You're bound to find someone who cares more about you and your "better/attractive" equipment rather than the ridiculous commission rate.  If you do nothing, they'll do their best to put you out of business! 

And make sure you visit the location after the new guy installs his machines so you can see what his machines look like and what the name of his company is. Then keep your eyes peeled as you visit places and see where his other machines are and try to take back some market share by getting him booted from other locations. Then, when this location starts wising up to his net-based commissions, they might welcome you back and boot him.

No loyalty. Pull the equipment and move to the next one. If the owner was ready to kick you that quick for someone promising 60% it would have happened eventually anyway. I think some owners do this and then put their own machines in or let a friends in.

one cent, are you one of the people who tells locations you give them 50% then give them closer to 10-15%? because i was talking about a guy in my area that does that and you told me that for me to go into a location and tell the location owner what they were doing that i was unethical. 

If you were claiming to give 50% then the new vendor knows what you are upto and instead of trying to explain it to them they just lied too. 

Time to play dirty!! Attempt to steal their accounts too...see how they like it! You're bound to find someone who cares more about you and your "better/attractive" equipment rather than the ridiculous commission rate. If you do nothing, they'll do their best to put you out of business!

How do we know who's machines are better?

At that time, ask the location to compare what you were paying with what the new vendor is paying.

If the new vendor is being sly about his 60% offer, it will be plain for the location owner/manager to see it at that point.

And then, he MAY be willing to listen to your offer of bringing your stuff back in if he's convinced the new vendor has been sneaky.

Meanwhile, while you wait, find a new home for the pulled equipment.

This location owner is not going to admit he was screwed by the 60% guy and let him back in

This location owner is not going to admit he was screwed by the 60% guy and let him back in

How do you know?

Onecent has described this as a good location...why give up on it based on negative assumptions?

What you do in this case is try to see if he will let you keep the location for 65 or 70% let the machines sit for bout 8 weeks then go pick them up and don't pay him cent.

So you advise onecent should become no better than the lying vendor who got him booted in the first place?

In these cases, I tend to agree with make cents that the owner is either putting his/her own machine  in, a family member's machine, or a friend's machine into the location. When location owners see all the money a machine is making, there is no doubt in their minds that they are thinking about wanting to find a reason to get the other vendor's machine out, regardless if it is a charity or commission machine, and put their machine in. After all it is their space and they can do anything they want with it and thus it is their choice regardless of how much commission is being offered. I have seen this happen many times when a location/business owner kicks out a vendor's machine and puts his/her own in. Sherlock is correct when he/she says to just move on and find another home for the machine.  In the bigger picture, this stuff is just part of the process of building a vending route and you will run into it again. Running a retail/restaurant business is difficult in this economy and these folks are looking for any angle to make any extra money even if it will pay for a tank of gas each month. 

How do you know?

Onecent has described this as a good location...why give up on it based on negative assumptions?

So you advise onecent should become no better than the lying vendor who got him booted in the first place?

He's being screwed by the location owner so ya I'd screw him a little also.

He's being screwed by the location owner so ya I'd screw him a little also.

I wouldn't.  Some restaurant owners are "buddies" with fellow business owners.  If you ripped him off, not only would you burn his bridges (and never be allowed to vend there again) but he might go telling people about it and give you a bad name in the town.  Some small towns, especially work that way!

I'd remove the machines, come back in a month or two and talk to the location owner again and attempt to regain the location.

I wouldn't. Some restaurant owners are "buddies" with fellow business owners. If you ripped him off, not only would you burn his bridges (and never be allowed to vend there again) but he might go telling people about it and give you a bad name in the town. Some small towns, especially work that way!

I'd remove the machines, come back in a month or two and talk to the location owner again and attempt to regain the location.

Location owners don't sit around and talk about their vending like you think. This location owner is being an golpher and thinks he has the upper hand I would not want his location in the future because you will get a yo yo effect when higher comm comes along he will boot you again. You can't let location owners hold comm over your head . If I lost a location or two I would not loose any sleep but I never let the location have the upper hand

I am highly ethical, so I would never have done this ;D , but another vendor I know had some golpher coming around offering 50% commission to his accounts.  Some he explained that it was bullshit and they stayed with him.  On a couple accounts he had to tell the businesses that he would match the 50% to stay.  He stayed and then still gave them the standard 30%, but just fudgerd the tickets so it said 50% on the tickets and still has the accounts.

He also got the phone number for the golpher who was coming around offering 50% and called him up and harassed the dickweed for going into his accounts lying to them.  He threatened to begin targeting the dickweeds accounts.

I

Meanwhile, while you wait, find a new home for the pulled equipment

when you go back to the account make sure you have your copy of the reciepts because the location is unlikely to have them. I could see a civil phone call, but if you harrased ME on the phone and targeting my accounts I would spend a lot of time one upping you.

I would never fudge tickets if I did I would be teaching my guys to steal from me. But location owners like the one talked about here just get to me. Here the operator has been with him for several months then boots him and won't even talk to him. I have had dealings with well over a few hundred location owners and I know this type well. To hope you can later regain the location is crazy trust me you don't want the location

But location owners like the one talked about here just get to me. Here the operator has been with him for several months then boots him and won't even talk to him. I have had dealings with well over a few hundred location owners and I know this type well. To hope you can later regain the location is crazy trust me you don't want the location

We have all pulled equipment from a location in the hopes of earning more cash with the same machine elsewhere.

The location owner in the OP is just doing the same thing in reverse.

He/she is just hoping to make more earnings with the same square footage in his business by using another vendor.

That the higher commission offer is likely BS is not the fault of the business owner.

Where's our loyalty to a location when we pull bulk equipment from a slow earning spot and relocate it?

The fact that we have had our equipment in a business for months does not stop us from pulling the equipment.

If you can make a move with your business in the hopes of maximizing your earnings, then it's very hypocritical to hold it against a location owner for doing the same.

Your missing the point this location owner is an golpher because when the vendor tried to talk to him to keep the location he wouldn't hear it then gave him what 24 hours to move it If I express I'm pulling a location and the owner has an idea that could help us both I'm all ears and if an idea sounds good I will try it.

It's not about being booted or pulling a location it's how the operator was treated in the process by the golpher location owner. When a fellow operator gets treated like crap I back them up. I don't sugar coat the situation

Hav, you’re my closest friend on here.  But you are wrong! I believe in the integrity of bulk vending.  When we give our word, we must keep it.  Under no circumstances should we ever cheat a location.  You have been accepted in good faith by the location owner when you first begun your program with him.  You must follow through to the end.  You never know where this store manager or store owner might be next.  Many of times, life goes in circles.  Some vendors when they lose or remove the location do not pay their final commission.  This also should be frowned upon.  You were in the location in good faith, you conducted your normal business practices while your where in the location; you should also pay your final commission when removing the store.  We must provide a set of ethics for each and every operator.  We are all the same, either from NY like me or an operator in Arizona; we all should act accordingly.  What some of us do not understand is that we operators and even manufacturers are not the enemy, we shall compete fairly but we should all have a set of values to run our business and prosper.

What you do in this case is try to see if he will let you keep the location for 65 or 70% let the machines sit for bout 8 weeks then go pick them up and don't pay him cent.

Onecent@atime,

You can do what I say by pulling your equipment and following-up in a few months to see if the new vendor has proven himself to be dishonest with his offer to pay 60% commission. If so, you may have a chance at getting the location to boot him in the hopes of getting you, an HONEST vendor, back in there.

Or you can do as havending says and lie to keep your equipment on location. Then pull your equipment in a few months without paying the location anything. You will get a chunk of change out of it in the short term, but you will burn your bridges with the owner/location. More importantly you will become as much of a liar and a cheat as the vendor who got you booted.

In short, the first option above gives you a plan to regain a good location and expose a vendor in your area as a liar and cheat.

The second option turns you into a liar and a cheat.

It's your choice.

one cent, are you one of the people who tells locations you give them 50% then give them closer to 10-15%? because i was talking about a guy in my area that does that and you told me that for me to go into a location and tell the location owner what they were doing that i was unethical. 

If you were claiming to give 50% then the new vendor knows what you are upto and instead of trying to explain it to them they just lied too. 

No this location gets 30% gross no games no gimmicks 

What percentage of gross sales were you paying in commission?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

I worked the deal  at 30% when I orginally got the location, he wanted 50% I said no and came back a few weeks later he wanted 40 I said no came back a little over a month latter We agreed on the 30%, this was not a quick in and out sale on this location

Where's our loyalty to a location when we pull bulk equipment from a slow earning spot and relocate it?

The fact that we have had our equipment in a business for months does not stop us from pulling the equipment.

I generally will downsize my equipment instead of pulling all of it. For example, if a 5-head underperforms, I will downsize to a double-head or triple.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Archived