Designing my own stand...

shepherdsflock

I have a location that I want to replace my 1800 triple with a six way rack. The only problem is that I'm limited to a maximum depth of 13.5". I'm thinking about trying to design my own rack stand with the lower three machines on a sliding platform with locking pins to hold it in place between services. I think the idea is a great concept but I'm concerned about stability. A rack tall enough to hold six machines might be too top heavy and prone to tipping with only 13.5" of depth.

I don't think anchoring it to a wall or in the floor is an option. I'm thinking about maybe adding some weight to the bottoms of the back legs to help prevent it from tipping forward if a kid tries to climb on it or something.

Anybody care to share thoughts or ideas about this?

Probably not on either of those. I'd just put in another 1800 triple if I wanted two triples. The L stand is definitely too deep. I'd like to build something that could hold a flat vending machine, too, so the triple double has another strike against it.

Not sure it can be done safely

That's my concern. I could go with Beaver's stackable machines, but they're enormous! They're only 11 inches deep, but for selling 1" capsules even a whole bag in one of them would look like nothing.

That's my concern. I could go with Beaver's stackable machines, but they're enormous! They're only 11 inches deep, but for selling 1" capsules even a whole bag in one of them would look like nothing.

Pm me your email or cell and I will send you a photo of something NW makes for us. It may work its a two inch machine head but they are smaller than beaver

If you are at all handy with wood, just build a wooden stand and use a weighted "box" on the lower portion to offset most of the tipping-danger.

Something like this would work:  http://doc-0g-8g-3dwarehouse.googleusercontent.com/3dwarehouse/secure/hhulr73hmmak89paul31eote4ben7ngk/lgodlmrq8e4q3phicmug142o9tmvfsfj/1375725600000/lt/*/17aa27db686e2c3adf98562e07643826?ts=1290197026000&ctyp=other

You could weigh the box with cinder blocks, old free weights...almost anything could work.
Unlike the picture, your box on the base could run all the way to the floor to give you more than ample space for your weights.

The suggestion of using flat on the bottom is a GREAT idea.
The flat machine would provide a good amount of weight to steady your stand AND if it's something like an A&A flat machine that front loads, you don't even have to remove the machines on top to access money/product on the bottom.
All you will need is access to the lock on top of the flat vend machine.
And that's is easily done with a 2"-3" offset on your top shelf or even a notch, or simple hole made with a spade bit .

If you are at all handy with wood, just build a wooden stand and use a weighted "box" on the lower portion to offset most of the tipping-danger.

Something like this would work:  http://doc-0g-8g-3dwarehouse.googleusercontent.com/3dwarehouse/secure/hhulr73hmmak89paul31eote4ben7ngk/lgodlmrq8e4q3phicmug142o9tmvfsfj/1375725600000/lt/*/17aa27db686e2c3adf98562e07643826?ts=1290197026000&ctyp=other

You could weigh the box with cinder blocks, old free weights...almost anything could work.

Unlike the picture, your box on the base could run all the way to the floor to give you more than ample space for your weights.

The suggestion of using flat on the bottom is a GREAT idea.

The flat machine would provide a good amount of weight to steady your stand AND if it's something like an A&A flat machine that front loads, you don't even have to remove the machines on top to access money/product on the bottom.

All you will need is access to the lock on top of the flat vend machine.

And that's is easily done with a 2"-3" offset on your top shelf or even a notch, or simple hole made with a spade bit .

I'm actually handier with metal. Was thinking of just making it out of square tubing and either welding or bolting it together.

And, yes, I agree with you about the sticker machine on the bottom. My experience with 4 column A&A machines is what led me to want to put it on the bottom. More stability and easier access to the other machines. With the sliding shelf idea I wouldn't even need key clearance (supposing the rack is stable enough to hold the sticker machine with the shelf slid out a few inches).

Archived