Does this sound like someone you know?

VendingExperts

I am looking for a little help identifying the owner of an "abandoned" machine.

These are the bits of information that I have.....

-Affiliated with National Federation of the Blind

-phone number 732xxx8051 (appears to be a NJ # but disconnected)

-has a Vendstar located in an Auto shop in Joppa MD

If this is you or someone you know please contact me. BTW I am only looking for the owner and haven't picked this up.

Thanks

I think that might be mainor5251's machine. He runs that route when he goes up to Parsal to pick up his monthly shipment of new chickens.

Mainor wouldn't have a Jersey phone number though.

It's surprising it has a 2012 tax sticker. However Maryland doesn't require tax stickers for vending machines priced under .75.

It's also weird because the shop said it hasn't been serviced in over a year, but when I picked it up to move it, it was featherweight and when shook, it sounded like less than $5 was in it.

So we'll see how well this location performs, maybe why it has been neglected; no sales!

Maybe the guy messed his wheel settings up so the machine released candy when the handle is jiggled

Or the location could be messing with it, we all know that mechanics are good with tools( hopefully)

Vendstar mech handles do not move unless there's a quarter inserted.

Not true! It's very possible that the thin piece of plastic that keeps them from turning is broken. An 8 year old child could break it.

Well sure, the mech could be broken.  I just meant that Vendstar mechs, unlike most mechs "aren't supposed" to spin freely at all when there's no quarter in them.  For all we know, the operator may have "snuck in" and removed the coins, and left without refilling.  Maybe he/she wants to sell the route and wants to impress potential buyers on how many locations they have.  There could be a lot of reasons for an abandoned machine.

Mainor wouldn't have a Jersey phone number though.

It's surprising it has a 2012 tax sticker. However Maryland doesn't require tax stickers for vending machines priced under .75.

It's also weird because the shop said it hasn't been serviced in over a year, but when I picked it up to move it, it was featherweight and when shook, it sounded like less than $5 was in it.

So we'll see how well this location performs, maybe why it has been neglected; no sales!

Off topic but your wrong on the tax sticker. In Maryland it is done county by county and they are some of the most expensive stickers I ever bought. Up to 60 a head per year. And they are serious about it. Worcester county will charge the location owner if a machine is missing one. I had a route covering most of the state for years.

Off topic but your wrong on the tax sticker. In Maryland it is done county by county and they are some of the most expensive stickers I ever bought. Up to 60 a head per year. And they are serious about it. Worcester county will charge the location owner if a machine is missing one. I had a route covering most of the state for years.

Nope, previous poster is right. No stamp needed for bulk vending in MD since 2007. There is no state or county bulk vending sticker at this point.

Now, for amusements in MD? Prepare to bend over.

Nope, previous poster is right. No stamp needed for bulk vending in MD since 2007. There is no state or county bulk vending sticker at this point.

Now, for amusements in MD? Prepare to bend over.

So are you saying that every county and city in the state got together and said let's toss the tax sticker/permit?

So are you saying that every county and city in the state got together and said let's toss the tax sticker/permit?

I'm saying that the state no longer requires a vending stamp on a bulk vending machine. I don't know if Worcester county requires a county sticker on a bulk rack because I don't do business there. Ill be down that way in a couple weeks. The counties I do business in in MD do not require stamps on any bulk devices.

The story I heard was that a large bulk vending company in the mid-Atlantic region approached the state and convinced the powers that be that the state was losing money enforcing the stamps, and that the whole idea of stamps on bulk was damaging to the business model, because some locations are visited every couple of months, and a violation would require that the vendor visit the location and fix the problem within 5 business days.

Mike

I'm saying that the state no longer requires a vending stamp on a bulk vending machine. I don't know if Worcester county requires a county sticker on a bulk rack because I don't do business there. Ill be down that way in a couple weeks. The counties I do business in in MD do not require stamps on any bulk devices.

The story I heard was that a large bulk vending company in the mid-Atlantic region approached the state and convinced the powers that be that the state was losing money enforcing the stamps, and that the whole idea of stamps on bulk was damaging to the business model, because some locations are visited every couple of months, and a violation would require that the vendor visit the location and fix the problem within 5 business days.

Mike

Dude I had a bulk route in Maryland for 16 years and have many friends still in the business there. The ruling you are talking about is a tales tax exemption for bulk sales .75 and under.

http://taxes.marylandtaxes.com/Business_Taxes/Business_Tax_Types/Sales_and_Use_Tax/Tax_Information/Special_Situations/Bulk_Vending_Machine_Sales.shtml

And this bill is an exemption for bulk STATE license requirements.

http://taxes.marylandtaxes.com/Business_Taxes/Business_Tax_Types/Income_Tax/Tax_Information/Tax_Regulations/State_Regulations/Legislative_Summaries/bills/2009/SB174-HB171.shtml

Many county governments and city governments STILL requires a vending sticker for bulk machines.  These state rulings have effect on local governments ability to tax machines.  There are too many operators big and small that turn a blind eye to state and local government tax requirements.  Just because you pretend there is no tax does not make it true. 

A "state" sticker shows that you are current on your tax bill for the previous year. Since bulk under .75 is exempt from sales tax, there is no tax bill to be current on, hence no need for a "state" sticker. You will see them on full line or amusement machines. This is straight from the comptrollers office.

Now as far as the need for a city or county sticker, I haven't run in to that yet. Frankly I will strongly consider where I put a machine. And research fully new areas. Thanks for the heads up.

A "state" sticker shows that you are current on your tax bill for the previous year. Since bulk under .75 is exempt from sales tax, there is no tax bill to be current on, hence no need for a "state" sticker. You will see them on full line or amusement machines. This is straight from the comptrollers office.

Now as far as the need for a city or county sticker, I haven't run in to that yet. Frankly I will strongly consider where I put a machine. And research fully new areas. Thanks for the heads up.

You also have to deal with misinterpretation of a device by code enforcement. They really need to streamline the process in MD.

One of the counties I am in (Anne Arundel) is a pain in the butt. $2000 for amusement operators license, $100 per machine up to 8 per location. Past 8, you need a $5000 arcade license. Anything that dispenses a prize every time doesn't need a sticker. Of course, the guy from CE put my alloted stickers on a Gravity Hill and a PET candy crane (they don't give you the stickers when you pay the fee, they send their people out to sticker your machines). So, I had to call them, meet the CE guy at location, show him each individual game and explain why/why not it deserved a sticker...

Just a pain in the arse. Go through the same in Baltimore County too, with same rules.

Archived