Bulk Vending Business Flowchart

Hi folks, I'm new here.

I'm evaluating bulk vending as a potential option for me to obtain some additional income, and get some experience operating on my own.

Some background,  I've worked 15 years in IT, 12 of that as a network engineer (routing, switching, etc), and 3 of that as a manager.  I've got an MBA from Gonzaga that so far hasn't been put to good use.

I put together this flowchart after lurking around here a few days to get a general idea of how a bulk vending operation works.  Am I totally off base with what I've put together?  Is there anything that I'm missing?  I appreciate any insight from folks who have experience doing this.

Have a great day!

post-7432-0-65357200-1378507757_thumb.jpg

If I'm reading this correctly, it looks as if you are considering obtaining a location prior to obtaining equipment.

Don't do that.

Have your equipment ready to go before securing a location.

Just a few heads and stands will get your feet wet in this biz without much investment.

If you find a location and then have to wait days and days to deliver your machine because you were trying to purchase equipment, you will likely lose the spot.

Almost everyone with experience in bulk vending will tell you that the longer you wait to deliver your machines after getting a "yes", the more likely you are to get declined upon delivery.

If I'm reading this correctly, it looks as if you are considering obtaining a location prior to obtaining equipment.

Don't do that.

Have your equipment ready to go before securing a location.

Just a few heads and stands will get your feet wet in this biz without much investment.

If you find a location and then have to wait days and days to deliver your machine because you were trying to purchase equipment, you will likely lose the spot.

Almost everyone with experience in bulk vending will tell you that the longer you wait to deliver your machines after getting a "yes", the more likely you are to get declined upon delivery.

Thanks - What makes this interesting is that you don't need a huge investment to get started.  I will probably pick a brand that I can find used that isn't a turdsicle and go with that at least to get started, assuming the businesses in my area aren't already totally covered.  I don't really recall seeing any machines around except in our local supermarket here.

Sorry if this comes off as insulting but, I think you are missing the fact that you don't need an MBA to run this business.

No offense taken.  I'm a visual thinker and I like to scope out things visually to help me have a better understanding of what's going on.  I like to know the details of something.  I don't want to start anything new that I am not committed to.  

Archived