Cant win..location fire ...

sprint54fan

Well this must be the year of fire. A few months ago a carpet cleaning warehouse that I had a fullsize snack machine and a third party coke machine went up in flames and destroyed the machines..

Well this morning I woke up to a new station I have on Facebook stating a bar/restaurant in a town 20 minutes out was fully engulfed along with the Napa Auto parts store next door..so I went to check it out..when I got there around 10:30 fire was out but they were still putting out hot spots and smoke was coming out still from building..the complex hosted the bar, the Napa store, and a rural king storage warehouse..all three places were destroyed..I lost 2 double heads in the bar and a double in the Napa.. all Oaks! This sucks but its just a small loss compared to what the business owners loss..sad day!

Did you have insurance, wouldn't be worth it for the bulk machines, but for the snack machine would be reimbursed

IMO, this kind of insurance on full line equipment is not worth the cost, last time I looked it was about 40 bucks per year, per machine. Doesn't sound like much but when you are running 200+ machines you can buy 2-3 new machines a year with that and still come out ahead.

In almost 20 years of this I have lost 4 machines, 2 by fire and 2 by flood so its not like this kind of thing happens on a regular basis.

That does not change the fact that when it does happen it really sucks, sorry you have to deal with this.

I have a 1mil policy thru state farm and it covers liability and replacement of any machines - I just pay around 22 a month for it .

They don't charge me extra for any additional machines I add to the route.  They did change up 1st of this year and I have to submit a list where all of my machines are located at.

If I had to pay 40 per year per machine, I wouldn't get the insurance either mission.

I do have a 500 deductible so it is only worth submitting a claim if \the machine cost is worth a lot more then that.

I have had only 1 machine vandalized and they stole the coin mech and coin box out of it, but it only cost me less than 200 to repair it and had it up and going again next day.

I had a very good location burn it had two gacha units so 8 heads. Location rebuilt bigger but said they have no room for machines which sucks. It was all dollar heads and would empty every 6 weeks or so. In this business it's best to just suck up machine loss and move on.

I had a very good location burn it had two gacha units so 8 heads. Location rebuilt bigger but said they have no room for machines which sucks. It was all dollar heads and would empty every 6 weeks or so. In this business it's best to just suck up machine loss and move on.

I agree - had a few bulk machines destroyed, and 1 spiral machine stolen.

All I could to is write them off and keep on trucking along.

Guess it goes with the "terroritory" of vending - even thou it stinks when someone steals or destroys your equipment.

I have no insurance I just suck it up and move on.. I had to share my story tho cause it was on my mind. The carpet cleaning warehouse told me they needed the value of my machine as they would replace it for me.. well I gave them the cost of it and all and they said they would get back to me.. well its been over 9 months now and they have just finished their new replacement building and I havent heard back from them.. I called and left a message a few weeks ago and still no call back.. Id say they turned the machine in to insurance and just pocketed the money..o well!

Archived