How many PMMs to vend? (2013 version)

RikaKazak

I've never understood the PMM are too expensive argument.  I have triple candy locs they outsell my other two products 2:1 or even 3:1 combined.  No brainer.   

My general routine is:

Month #1 at a new location I start with 3 of gumball, Hot Tamale, Mike & Ike, Skittles or 1" toys depending on customer demographics.

Month #2 switch out the lowest earner with PMM.  

Month #3 dial it in.  Either stick with PMM if sales support it or switch back to another product.

My cog on PMM is 42%, which is high, but if you refuse to do $12/month in PMM in favor of $5/month for another product you're missing the forest for the trees.  Because they sell so well, I've never once thrown a stale PMM away. But like what's been said, you have to be smart about it.  If your machine is in an Eastern/Southern facing window PMM aren't even option.  

• 2 weeks later...

6 PMM per .25c vend, no more hopefully no less. If your candy wheel can't consistently vend PMM then don't bother.

The location must be air conditioned ,out of direct sunlight and have no other environmental conditions that would cause spoilage. Any spoilage whatsoever and PMM cannot be vended profitably.

The location must sell $15-$20 of PMM per month. Any lower volume and no PMM for that location.

I vend what most of the other guys do here: 6 PMM.  I agree with other posters, if you don't have it in the correct location within the store, a canister of PMMs will go to crap in less than one month. I tried to explain that to my wife when she put a six-way with PMMs in a store front window.  Three weeks later she threw about about $10 worth of PMM.  She believes me now.

How many Hot Tomales are yall vending for 25 cents? I'm like yall, i'm about done with chocolate for the most part. I have vended all chocolate at several locations and have pulled $30-45/month, but that was in the past.  I like skittles, it weathers very well and doesn't crack and go to crap like the PMMs.  I haven't tried a lot of mike/ikes or hot tomales yet.  How about some advice on setting those vend quantities, please?

Archived