Jammed quarters in coin mechanisms

matthew1585

I have a seaga triple head candy machine and unfortunately after only 3 weeks 2 of the 3 coin mechs have jammed. The quarters are loose enough to wiggle around, but I can't seem to get them out without a tool. I have a feeling I can get them out with a pair of tweezers or some type of thin shimmy. Is there a proper tool to fix these jams without having to take apart? 

I have a seaga triple head candy machine and unfortunately after only 3 weeks 2 of the 3 coin mechs have jammed. The quarters are loose enough to wiggle around, but I can't seem to get them out without a tool. I have a feeling I can get them out with a pair of tweezers or some type of thin shimmy. Is there a proper tool to fix these jams without having to take apart?

Just remove 4 to 5 screws on back to take apart.

I'm happy to say I fixed both jams within 5 minutes with the help of 2 butter knifes and a pair of tweezers. The first one fell in to the coin shoot when I pried it slightly with the butter knife and the other I was able to get in the right position where I could turn the wheel and dispense cane normally.

You can try a little silicone spray also, it keeps thing nice and slippery

I my past experience with these import mechs I have found the same problem.

Tpico, seaga, SSF, etc 

Also watch for the rivot on the hook that keeps them from turning backward, those wear out fast then pop off and then they can free spin backward. I lost a machine full of gumballs recently.

I am slowly changing to Northwesterns.

Archived